Shampoo and conditioner...HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amore Hair

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just started at college on the VRQ Level 2 and so far so good. Im really enjoying it and getting stuck in.

Im trying to do some research regarding shampoos and conditioners, and wondering if you guys can give me some info details etc.

Im trying to to find out what sort of shampoo is to be used with different hair types in the salon!

so far for normal hair we seem to be sticking with the cocnut shapoo and surface conditioner.
Greasy/Oily hair we have been told the lemon shampoo and conditioner.

This is so far all i know and wondering if some one can help more?

I imagine the ones you are talking about are the big gallon bottles that you can buy really cheap. Most good hairstylists wouldn't use these! Why don't you have a look on the internet at different product ranges and what the shampoos that they have in their ranges do. Good research :green:

Hi, Thanks for the replys,

Its not particularly the shampoo brand i am reaserching more about the different extracts that are used in the shampoos and what role they play on the hair. Think i have managed to find some info so hopefully i will be ok. Thanks for the tips tho and i am definately going to be loking at all the products avaialble from teh different companys.

I forgot about all this nasty smelling shampoos in huge bottles at college lol ....but think I will be sticking to my redken!!

Hi if you go to aveda site it will give you detailed info on hair products! They do shampoos for different things eg dry remedy for dry hair or colour conserve for coloured hair, if you look at the ingredient it will inform you have they have in them which is suitable for that hair type!

Hope this helps x

Dry/coloured/porous hair - anything with 'nut' oil in eg almond/coconut.

Greasy hair - anything containing citrus eg lemon/orange

Dry scalp - tea tree or medicated shampoo but be careful using this with ppl with asthma because it has quite a powerful smell.

Before perm - soapless/pre perm shampoo that will cleanse the hair and not leave a barrier. Xx

Yeh, from what I remember it was.

Dry hair = Almond shampoo.

Greasy hair = Egg & Lemon shampoo.

Fine hair = beer shampoo.

Normal hair = Plain shampoo. ( no perfume)

Dandruff = Medicated shampoo.

But there will be many other versions available.

:D

anyone remember gold champagne shampoo? or was it before you were all born?

What make was gold champagne? it sounds familiar...We had Goldwell shampoos in my first job with a syringe type of thing on the top of the large bottles to measure the exact amount.
I remember the college shampoo's as being very vibrant colours and a bit pongy:D

What make was gold champagne? it sounds familiar...We had Goldwell shampoos in my first job with a syringe type of thing on the top of the large bottles to measure the exact amount.
I remember the college shampoo's as being very vibrant colours and a bit pongy:D

Oh god yes, I remember gold champagne. Was that for normal hair.

And yes we also had those bottles with the little plungers in the top that you pushed down to fill, then you push the plunger down to push the shampoo out into the palm of your hand.
I wonder if you can still buy those bottles and plungers, they were ace.

:D

I remember the goldwell bottle and plungers. Good idea weren't they! I never had to endure rubbish shampoos as i did an apprentiship and went to our academy where we used paul mitchell or goldwell. Prob why i am such a product snob!

I remember the goldwell bottle and plungers. Good idea weren't they! I never had to endure rubbish shampoos as i did an apprentiship and went to our academy where we used paul mitchell or goldwell. Prob why i am such a product snob!

I love my products to.
We only used the cheap shampoos for shampoo and sets.

Give me Merlin, Redken any day. :D

Back