Shellac and LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying that say for example..Gelish is a company far to small to produce thier own lamp? Or that if they had more money they would make an expensive lamp designed for Gelish alone?

Now surely thats not right if a normal 36w tunnel lamp cures Gelish, why create a seperate lamp?

Gelish produces a separate LEDUV light, not a CFL UV light. Actually, Gelish produces quite a few LED UV lamps, but the product itself will cure under CFL UV as well. Gelish is clearly positioning itself as a leader among LED curable polishes, differentiating it from its biggest competitor - CND Shellac.

Well said and it's sad that all people have got goin on in there lives is to argue about a bloody lamp get a grip these threads accumulate a lot of negative attitudes and it is very ugly I'm sick of hearing all this and when good advice is given it's thrown right back

I started a blog about shellac questions and I got a right goin over about it and here we are the proof is here I was right after all it's not just me that is sick of hearing about it.

Do the research and you will get your answers you were looking for without causing a big ho har over a lamp and blocking a forum where people have asked other questions that are decent questions and not getting answered because others feel the need to take up other people's time with ramblings :lol:

I actually have heard of people attempting to create a universal lamp - a combined CFL and LED UV lamp! But I think that would require access to proprietary information from each manufacturer.

I'd love a universal lamp with a five finger cure, motion activated. What else would a universal lamp have?

Everything you mention plus all the features on the CND lamp and I think a remote control would be cool too when switching times.

Maybe a conveyor belt to guide the clients hand into the lamp or a 'seat belt' so they dont touch the bulbs with their nails :lol: (just kidding there with that one folks)!

Errrrrm wat eles would it have ?? It would have a little gigi that lives inside!! And when we do our nails we could sit her on top and she can tell us what to do lololol wouldnt that be great lol xx

Soooo great I wish geeg was little fairy so we could shout for help and she would appear.like all glittery in a lil ploom of smoke like in fairy tales lol xx

I wish people on here would stop being to rude to me, just because Im asking questions does not give you the right to be so nasty!

Nancy, so Gelish in it's make up has something that the led works with right to cure?
So with the Shellac what makes that lamp only work with Shellac?

I wish people on here would stop being to rude to me, just because Im asking questions does not give you the right to be so nasty!

Nancy, so Gelish in it's make up has something that the led works with right to cure?

Have you read your latter posts they were very rude,rude to people that know a lot more than you do and trying to give you the answers that you needed and you Wernt listening to them and biting back like a chiwawa on heat :biggrin:

Soooo great I wish geeg was little fairy so we could shout for help and she would appear.like all glittery in a lil ploom of smoke like in fairy tales lol xx

Puleeze!! I do that already right here :lol: ... but I wont do all the work for others .... Nancy is a great example of someone who has researched instead of being lazy and asking everyone else to do the work for her. Shes even listed where to look and STILL that is not enough for some.

Cool it ladies ... dont let someone stirring it let you look bad.

Seems like you must conform on this site or shut up else you get abuse

Hasn't happened to me yet but very plain to see (read)

This thread was only reopened for Doug Schoon's contribution.
That has been discussed and debated and all the inofrmation required is now on here for an informed decision to be made on which lamp to use.

Now being closed again.

Yes, Gelish has something different in its formula than Shellac that makes each of them work with different lights. And I think you have it reversed. It's not that the CND/Shellac lamp will cure only Shellac; it's that Shellac will cure (reliably, at least) only in a CND lamp.

You should read the Nails Magazine articles and Doug Schoon's technical articles for a better, fuller explanation but here goes... (And others, please chime in to supplement or correct me)

There are different photoinitators and they are defined by the wavelength of UV light they work with. There are photoinitiators that work with CFL UV and others that work with LED UV. Photoinitiators for gel polishes fall in the 320-400 nm spectrum. CFL UV lights (lamps mean the bulbs, lights mean the unit) emit a wide spectrum of light for a longer period and can cure a wide range. LED UV lights emit a much narrower range of light (usually around 370-380nm) but it is more intense. Because photoinitiators can cause sensitivity, Shellac has fewer and a different kind of photoinitators than other brands; it is why it claims to be hypoallergenic. But it can only cure in the CFL UV light. And because it has fewer photoinitiators, a thorough exposure and cure is especially critical.

Gelish, ACG, Geleration and others contain both kinds of photointiators so they can cure in either CFL UV or LED UV lights. In terms of lights, it is important to make sure that the light emits the proper concentration, energy and wavelength of UV light for that product, hence the insistence that you use the manufacturer's light with their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back