Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Hi everyone were can I get my shellac kit from cheap xxx

There are only 2 suppliers for CND Shellac. Ellisons and S2.

A search would have brought this up.

CND is not cheap but they do have great value intro packs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can only by your shellac kit from sweet squared 0845 210 6060 or Ellisons if your qualified and you'll have to send them copies of your certificates in manicure and pedicure, best to give them a ring.

The price of Shellac is the price of Shellac ... there is no cheap Shellac because it is not a cheap product because it is a high end unique product. Shellac is a system has to have its own UV Lamp and unique preparation products too, or it won't look or last as it should.

Argos sell cheap gel kits if you are wanting to do your nails at home.

If you are buying a kit to attend a CND class, then your supplier is sweet Squared 08452106060 with proof of your manicure certificate. Same rules apply if you buy from Sweet Squared distributor partner, Ellisons.

You can get shelled off eBay though I only want to practise at home

You can get shelled off eBay though I only want to practise at home

Anything you get off ebay as regards Shellac is illegally imported goods or not the real deal. etc. Please yourself, if you are not a professional then the only way to get it is through the back door and a dodgy source. You might as well buy from Argos.

I don't think shellac is expensive, buy from sweet squared their service is excellent plus if you ever came. Across any product problems they are on hand to help. Start off with good products and your client base will soon build up. Also do the training as you can't beat product knowledge :)

Well then you just answered your own question.

Get it off Ebay. Spend some money, realise its fake, yes even most of the stuff that looks like CND, and see that it's money down the drain. Money that you could have spent on the real deal.

Not to mention the lack of testing and allergic reactions that could occur with these "genuine" products.

Are you qualified?

It's to use on myself I d t have to be qualified for tht I only asked a simple question why is ppl firing horrible feedback at me

It's to use on myself I d t have to be qualified for tht I only asked a simple question why is ppl firing horrible feedback at me

I don't think anyone is firing horrible feedback, as you put it.

It's just this is a professional site and we take it as a given that if someone is looking for a product it is to use in industry.

Anywho... If it's to use on yourself, there are gel polish kits you can buy (like Geeg said Argos) which will cost less for you and allow you to practice to your heart's content :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Its not meant to insult only to educate.

CND Shellac is a professional only product. We have spent 1000s of pounds on education and more on equipment. Why would you think that we as professionals would give you advice on where to buy 'cheap' products. It's our livelihood.

To buy CND Shellac from an official distributer you have to prove you're qualified and show certification.
It's the same reason you can't buy professional hair dye in boots, bevause you need training to use it.

Like I said it's not meant to offend but being a professional site surely you can understand our point?

As Geeg says if its just for yourself go to argos or similar.

As the OP is not a professional in the Nail Industry I shall move this to Consumer.

This is a site for salon professionals, and professional courtesy seems to be missing here Zoemarie, as nail professionals train in manicure before they can purchase CND Shellac and most also attend Shellac training, can't you see that posting that you want to buy from EBay and DIY your nails is out of order.

I didn't mean for this I didn't kno I thought I'd just ask, I'm a salon professional just not in nails. Sorry ..not everyone knows everything and I want wrong in asking at all.. So many negative people could have just said it nicely ..ill leave it and carry on going to my salon for my nails. I can't delete this

Do you buy your pro salon products from ebay?

I don't think anyone has been horrid ... how would you react if your clients asked you about buying knock-off products of the ones you sel,l from ebay and then did their own thing at home? Would you be happy with that? I don't think you would be best pleased.

No one is anything more than annoyed that so many think they can do this. As a fellow professional therapist you should understand peoples' reactions as well as anyone. :hug: Don't take our reaction personally but please try to understand it professionally.

It was a genuine question about wanting to practise at home I didn't kno the eBay ones were knock off at all..
I want to practise before taking training. So I didn't expect a reply like this. Thought I'd have some helpful advise .. If I'm nt trained how do I know this stuff and how am I supposed to know eBay stuff was knock off

Zoe, the first 3 posts gave you your answer ... once you had that answer you went on about ebay. Seriously, did you think that ebay products are genuine or legal when there is ONE Master distributor who is licensed to sell the product in the UK and Ireland (Sweet Squared)?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, you know now. And I hope that instead of being 'put out' with the answers just accept that we are a passionate bunch, all trying to make a living just like you are and those who buy products from the likes of ebay take the food out of our mouths as well as making a mockery of those who do things the right way by investing in their education and legitimate products.

My advice to you is don't practise until you know what is correct practise. Take your class and then practise the right way and the safe way. No one is able practise well or even safely until they understand how the product works and COSHH when working with it.

It was a genuine question about wanting to practise at home I didn't kno the eBay ones were knock off at all..
I want to practise before taking training. So I didn't expect a reply like this. Thought I'd have some helpful advise .. If I'm nt trained how do I know this stuff and how am I supposed to know eBay stuff was knock off

Zoemarie, I didn't know any of this until I did my research and posted on salon geek. Especially practising on myself, I want to know exactly what's going on my nails. So, I found a decent mani/pedi class (CND complete was out of my budget), qualified, registered with sweet squared, choose the kit I wanted and booked training in shellac and purchased insurance. You might want to do something similar?

Good luck :)

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Zoemarie, I didn't know any of this until I did my research and posted on salon geek. Especially practising on myself, I want to know exactly what's going on my nails. So, I found a decent mani/pedi class (CND complete was out of my budget), qualified, registered with sweet squared, choose the kit I wanted and booked training in shellac and purchased insurance. You might want to do something similar?

Good luck :)

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back