Short courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhoniebunnyx

Hair, Beauty and SPMU
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I really hope somebody can help with this.

I've been a sucessful hairdresser for 8 years and trained for 4 years (college and then in salon). I trained to a high standard and know the importance of 'on the job' experience in the hair and beauty industry.

I've done a few short courses through sally's etc in nails and tanning to add services to my mobile business. I would like to do a make up course etc to help with my wedding services and have been looking into it online. I dont have an a+p qualification and i know i need this to do this kind of work.

Being pregnant with my second child, i'm looking at the home learning options for the theory side. Some of the courses are beauty courses with a+p included but obviously I would seek more experience for the practical as I know these skills cant be mastered over the net!!! Are these courses in depth enough for a+p? I need a good enough qualification to get me onto the courses that require a+p certification.

These courses are level 2 or 3 but NCFE award not NVQ.

Sorry for the long thread x

Thanks in advance!!!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back