Should I expand the business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris1

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

This is my first post although I've been a member for a while. I'd like to thank Geeks for the sharing their time and expertise I've learnt and taken so much from the forums.

My question is aimed at both hair and beauty Geeks.

I am trained to level 3 in beauty and set up a small home based salon which is growing very gradually. I love learning so am currently working towards level 2 hairdressing.

Do you think combining the two services in due course would be a good business decision. I think it would help maximise time and double the opportunities but my husband isn't convinced he feels they're two different services and the beauty side might suffer.

To make it work I need to install a backwash which I'd like to do as soon as possible to allow me to practice, this will be expensive so keen to make the right decision.

Any thoughts would be welcome and apologies for the long post 😊

What do your clients think? The easiest way to expand would be to cross sell to your existing clients. It could work beautifully, whilst someone's colour is on, you could perform a manicure etc. but of course you have to have the interest and demand to make it worthwhile. Discuss it with existing clients. Find out what makes them go to their hairdresser. I know a lot of people who would be happy to go to a home salon for beauty but prefer the "salon" experience for hair.

All the best with your business and course!

Latest posts

Back