Should I find another salon to work in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
I pay 50/50 commission in the salon I’m currently in. It’s a hair salon and the owner supplies My products and I’ve been told by her that I can only do 3 days a week in the salon.

I use my own bleach powder as I don’t think hers in good enough which I’d assume she would pay half towards but she doesn’t.

I also do hair extensions which I supply all my own tools for, including pliers, colour ring, samples, micro rings, needles, thread and she still makes me pay her 50% for extension fitting when I supply my own tools for it.

I was originally told I would get keys after 3 months even though I know legally I’m meant to have keys from day one as it’s my own business in the salon I should have access to it when I need to and it’s now almost 3 months and no talk of any keys.

Christmas is in a few months and on New Year’s Eve I can only work up till 12pm then she’s closing to go away for a few days.
I asked would I be getting keys during this so I can service my clients and I was told no.

There isn’t any salons taking on in my area and I do not drive so I can’t just go mobile.

This stresses me out that much that sometimes I feel like quitting. What should I do?? X

You need to put your foot down Mollie! xx

What are your plans for learning to drive?

Sometimes hinting you are going to leave, can mean a negotiation of changing your terms with the owner might happen.
Because if you leave she will be loosing money too by not having you.

You really should speak to her and say somethings aren't right.

What are your plans for learning to drive?

I have plans to begin lessons in January as I do not have time to right now, saving to pay off old debts, current rent and bills

If you want to leave and no one is taking on... make your own escape route. Create a salon for yourself. Any space will do, I’ve seen salons in corner shops, gyms etc. If you don’t change things for the better, no one else will..... do it

Latest posts

Back