Should I have to pay a deposit to lease a coffee machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
Had a demo of a coffee machine today but he said if I take it I have to pay £100 deposit. That's fine until I thought about it a bit more, the lease is for three years and obviously if I like it I will upgrade or release after that time which means for ever more this guy is potentially gonna have £100 of my money which I am never going to get back! What are the legalities of this? Surely the money I'm paying to lease the thing should cover everything? X

I've seen some offers of buying a coffee machine for salon use for £100 for the whole thing with a load of pods - owning it outright. It would have to be one hell of a coffee machine to be leased with a £100 deposit and with (I assume) a monthly payment! I honestly think there are better things to spend your money on - but as for the deposit, cancel after the first 3 years and get your deposit back. I'm sure it's completely legal - business agreements are a lot less consumer friendly!

But that's my point if I want to keep it after 3 years he will be keeping my hundred quid! Until I decide I didn't want a coffee machine anymore which could be years and years potentially! Plus its £11 quid to rent per week! It's just the convenience of having one tho instead of running late running upstairs for every client making tea and washing up x

Latest posts

Back