Smiles...straight or curved ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaMia

Reaction score
Which type of Smile line do you do or prefer? Doing it straight across or curved hence the name SMILE line.

smiley for me:D

I like a nice gentle curve. GMG says in his tutorial that it should mirror the shape of the cuticle area, adn that's what I like. I really don't like the excessive grins! But that is just my personal taste, and those that do them I take my hat off to, cos it's damned difficult.

nice curved smile line for me not to much though. seen a few peeps with straight just dont look right.xx

I like them to smile but not like a cheshire cat. The deep smiles look lovely on long nail beds, but for the majority a happy one is flattering. Do not like straight ones because they don't look natural!

Take care xx

a nice curve but i have clients who ask for stright and the client gets what the client wants.

Tricia

the biggest grin possible!! lol! x

a nice contented smile is my fave
if the smile was straight across with no curve it would be 'expressionless' wouldn't it? :wink2:

I would dearly love my smile lines to smile - but after 2 weeks practice, they are either straight or frowning!! I just can't get those corner bits..........keep practising I tell myself!!

A nice gentle smile for me. As someone has already mentioned, we were told on our foundation course that the smile should mirror the curve in the cuticle area

I do like mine smiley, and sometimes i am really grinning, but mostly just happy. I wouldn't go for staight as they look weird and unnatural

My natural smile lines are flat so i like a bit of a curve to mine just makes them look more feminine, havent found a client who likes a straigh smile yet though i am sure there are some out there. but cant stand the deep c smiles although i can see theya re very clever in the right scenario.

A nice natural looking smile looks great on anyone,,,,,,,,,mind you, my two little pinkies have a completely straight natural line, whereas all my others have a gentle arch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,freaky or what.

Christine

I usually use my natural smile lines as a guide, they are a mild smile, sometimes e make them more deep but i prefer the gentle ones.

Latest posts

Back