SNS nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from theiir website, the MSDS for their resin. It clearly states it is an cyanACRYLATE, basically typical nail adhesive. It also clearly states it's dangers and conta actions
.View attachment 205101
This is fT
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with these products, as I said before we all use them in different variations every day in our work, but please don't make them out to be something they're not. If SNS themselves don't claim it why do you?

Hi thank you for your post. I am only saying what SNS says on their product info and on poster. They do not claim it's acrylic if anything they say it's a natural gel.
We have their poster on our salon window and it says "natural gel" and to be honest it is a very good compromise between acrylic and gel. Customer who do lot like shellac or acrylic often gravitate to this product and I myself tried on it's reall good. I am only here to say what has been my experience and it will help your business if you become the first in your areas to introduce it to first. We have lots of international clients and they really prefer it as well our local customer who often don't want shellac or acrylic.

The information you got above its a standard legal declaration. You can find such warning and declaration on say wax, acetone or on nail polish or even on eyelash extension glue. They have to for legal puprpose. It might have one ingredient in common but that does not mean it's the same type of product and I have no issues if it was. Only that according to SNS it's a type of natural gel.

Gels, in terms of use for nail coatings, are also acrylates. This really is very important to understand. As professionals it is our job to look beyond marketing speak and actually understand the chemistry behind the products we are using on members of the public.

If you have a client come to you who states that they are allergic to acrylics and you then advise them to try these on the basis that you believe then to be a 'natural gel' (whatever that is!) you could find yourself with a client in pain, a lawsuit and insurance that will refuse to cover you because you have used an acrylate product on someone who informed you they are allergic!

We must research products and understand them fully and not simply follow the marketing. Be professional. Be informed.

Latest posts

Back