so disapointed and confused please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMORGAN

Reaction score
:cry: hi all. i went on a tanning course today and have been left wondering what to do. although i liked the product ) the training was a bit of a let down. i still have so many unanswered questions. i feel that i went on the course and they just wanted you to buy their equiptment, was offered no on going support, and we werent even given any handouts that we could refer to at a later date although she has promised to e mail me some. am i expecting to much:confused:.i am now wondering if i should do another course with a different company. i do feel confident in the actual spraying as i have some experience with spray guns.
sorry to babble its been such a long day.

Hi ya,

Its always a bit of a let down when your excited about training in something you want to do and it doesnt live up to your expectations. Im assuming you did your research into the company you had your training with, so you felt they were the right company/product for you, so I think you should contact the company, or the trainer and exlain how your feeling, after all you paid for the training and if you didnt get what you expected, and still have questions then thats hardly satisfactory.

I am astounded that another person has come away from their tanning training feeling this way :irked: I have had lengthy PM conversations with various geeks on this site in an effort to assist them with the training they feel they are lacking after their course, and I am not a Trainer!! :eek:

you can PM me if you like and tell me which company it is that you trained with, maybe i'll contact them for a trainers job! be quicker and easier in the long run lol :green:

I'd definately be getting back on to them and tell them that you aren't happy with the training you had and there are still unanswered questions etc and they should put it right for you! Tell them you want course notes or whatever you should have got too. They need to know that people arent happy otherwise they wont know that there is a problem, might be just one bad trainer ruining the bunch so to speak?

you can PM me if you like and tell me which company it is that you trained with, maybe i'll contact them for a trainers job! be quicker and easier in the long run lol :green:

I think you should! You have helped me no end! Lol :lol:Lx

:cry: hi all. i went on a tanning course today and have been left wondering what to do. although i liked the product ) the training was a bit of a let down. i still have so many unanswered questions. i feel that i went on the course and they just wanted you to buy their equipment, was offered no on going support, and we werent even given any handouts that we could refer to at a later date although she has promised to e mail me some. am i expecting to much:confused:.i am now wondering if i should do another course with a different company. i do feel confident in the actual spraying as i have some experience with spray guns.
sorry to babble its been such a long day.

Sorry to hear about your 'not so good' training.

To answer your question - No your not asking too much...

You should have been giving a manual and offered ongoing support from your trainer/company. This support shouldn't be only a few week after training, it should be for a life time.

Did you get a certificate?

I think you should! You have helped me no end! Lol :lol:Lx

me too babe !! go sherrie go sherrie :hug:

Sorry to hear about your 'not so good' training.

To answer your question - No your not asking too much...

You should have been giving a manual and offered ongoing support from your trainer/company. This support shouldn't be only a few week after training, it should be for a life time.

Did you get a certificate?
yes the certificate was written and handed out even before we sprayed someone :eek: lol. i think that because i told them i wasn't sure if i was going to buy their kit as i already have a compressor they just couldnt be bothered. i haven't been given any contact details for the company or trainer, thought i would have been given this incase i have any probs with the product at least.

If you're in wellingborough its only 5 minutes down the road from me, I'm newly trained in spray tanning. I'd be more than happy to meet up and let you spray me if you want?! xx

Oh dear it doesn't sound like you have had a good start entering the wondefull world of spraytanning which is such a shame and please don't let it get on top of you.

To help you I am more than willing to put our resorces into supporting you...whichever brand you are using, and have you in with one of our trainers for a "Top up" course with our compliments :hug:

No strings and you can keep using whichever brand you have chosen.

Just PM me your details and I will pass it onto your nearest trainer to contact you.

not a big jobby to get you up and running and confident in what you do:hug:

If you're in wellingborough its only 5 minutes down the road from me, I'm newly trained in spray tanning. I'd be more than happy to meet up and let you spray me if you want?! xx

your a gem thanks hun. i havent brought a kit tho as of yet as i donk know what to do. ie shall i go to another company and do more training and then get their kit or just buy the kit from yesterdays course cos in all fairness i did like their kit. would be greatful if we could meet tho. if you wouldnt mind i would love to see your products. x

wow! Collin, you are da man in shining armour!

CMorgan, your worries have been allayed with Louiser and collins generous offers.

But I would still ring the company and complain about the training.

Cmorgan I've PM'd you x

Thats no problem, I'd be happy to help, I use tantrick which I love, xx

i am new to this site i cant believe just how helpful and friendly everyone is. i am feeling so much better. so iwould just like so say a great big thankyou to everyone's help and kindness:hug:.
and also thankyou colin what can i say your a star.
x

wow this is looking good...thanks Louiser for your kind offer.

how about Claire nips round to you and sees how an experianced pro does it..maybe pass on some tips etc..if you don't mind that is.

If Claire gains the confidence then a job well done to a newbie comming into the buisness.

Claire if you still want some additional "top up" training we can get you toped up at either Tracey in Bedfordshire or Laura Burton Nash in Leicestershire...unfortunatley the nearest to you..just let me know if you need it and which trainer is nearest you.

lets see what we can do to get you confidently spreading the :Love:

Thats absoutly fine by me, wouldn't call myself an experianced pro! I had a good teacher though :green:

It would be good for me actually because then I would know someone that could tan me! xx

Thats absoutly fine by me, wouldn't call myself an experianced pro! I had a good teacher though :green:

It would be good for me actually because then I would know someone that could tan me! xx

A good win win situation for all then :hug:
Thanks so much for your kind help Louiser :hug:

Wow what generous offer's :green: hope you will take them up on it, I'd still contact the company you trained with to air your dissapointment - if they dont know they cant do anything about it

I'd still contact the company you trained with to air your dissapointment - if they dont know they cant do anything about it

OMG...what if my phone starts to ring :eek::eek:

Doing your research before you train with anybody is always a wise move. When I did my spray tan training a few years ago the sum total of time I got was 20 minutes - didn't get a manual until I pestered the life out of them.

I had to learn myself how to take my minimist apart and clean it and as such I soon knew my little gem inside out.

I think this has made me a better spray tanner and even if I say so myself a good trainer as I know there are some poor trainers out there. (there are also some very good ones too though).

don't worry, it's not you lmao!! :green:

Latest posts

Back