Soak Off Or Buff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Is it ever ok to buff instead of soak off? What I mean is this: If say a client has broken a couple of nails off and they are having their infills done. Can the broken nails be buffed a bit (not all off) and a tip or form be applied and then L&P over the top? :confused:

Hi Kimmi,

If there are no problems with the attached product then I don't see any reason why not to buff the product and either apply a tip or form and sculpt a repair. Why remove perfectly adhered product.

if the couple of nails do need to come off (as they are damaged beyond repair) you can just use the foil method to remove the product, or those finger spas rather than getting out a soaking bowl. but it wud be best to thin right out before soaking off. but if it doesnt need to be soaked off just buff right down and reapply.

Yeah but it takes sooooooooooooooo long.

i tend to thin product out if the enhancements have broken at the free edge and reapply my tip, just like fiona says

Of course Fiona and Joanne are right on. Why make unnecessary work for yourself??

Latest posts

Back