Sodium and sulphate free shampoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdolphins

Reaction score
What's the difference? I just did the brazilian blow out and I need a good shampoo and conditioner to last longer. After reading a little on it someone said I needed a sulfate free shampoo and now I found out that I need sodium free. I got the Hydrating Macademia oil shampoo by Organix, is that ok? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Attachments

• 14567635.jpg
    14567635.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 181
Sodium and sulphate are a similar thing, sodium lauryl sulphate is the main cheap chemical that causes all the bubbles, cuts through the grease, fades hair colour and getting under the cuticles giving the hair a deep clean, BUT it can cause more reactions due to this, if you get lots of bubbles it's stripping away natural oils etc... And the chemicals in a Brazilian blow dry...
But, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate is a natural chemical found in coconuts that still bubbles a bit but loves water, so it will give a shiny clean rinse
I don't know enough about Brazilian blow drys to say if the sulfoacetate will harm it but the sodium lauryl sulphate will
Hope that helps a little x

In this case the Sodium you need to avoid is actually Sodium Chloride (salt) i'm not sure exactly how it can effect hair that has been brazilian blow dried but for the best results take advice from the stylist that performed the service and maybe ask them if they have any products they recommend.

Latest posts

Back