Solglo Stand up Vs. Pop up Tents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone let me know if they have any experience of the Solglo stand up tent compared to the pop up tents.

I know the pop up one are quick and easy to put up but are they really big enough for you to be able to move comfortable in one and what about the lack of light available as they are totally enclosed?

Any comments would be greatly received.

Thanks

Sabrina

Not much help, I'm afraid, but I, too, would love to know the answer to this.
I have the Solglo stand but it has gradually fallen apart - the springs and chains linking up the poles have pinged apart. Although my dad managed to reattach them some have fallen apart again and now occassionally poles ping out and crash around - luckily not in a clients house yet but there are some lovely(!) dents in our kitchen.

It has gone from something that could get put up by a single person in 4 minutes to a real two-person, pain-in-the-backside job.

I think I ought to get the pop-up booth as it's taking us waaay too long to pack up and put away but I also worry, not so much about the darkness but the space.

Have other people had to adapt their poses in order to do them in the pop up booth? Or have people had to shuffle around a bit to make sure that all the body parts are accessible?

Looking forward to hearing some replies as I really need to make a decision to start saving up soon!!

I've not used the Solglo one but I do have the pop up booth and I love it. It's plenty big enough for a person to stand inside and pose with the various positions and I have even put a fold up chair inside there for people who can't stand for more than a few seconds without wanting to pass out! :eek:

Sean very kindly put up a spotlight for me which is a huge improvement on the 'light' issue - it can get a little 'shady' in there. I always get the person to step out into the light for me at the end so I can check there are no patches or missed bits.

HTH
Jackie
x

The booths are plenty big enough I can vouch for it cos I used one on my training. But the light thing bothers me. I did two practice tans today (how my daughter's friends love me at the mo!) and I did them in my beauty room. The natural daylight was pants and I struggled to see what I am doing, and that was without a tent of any kind.

I really need some sort of tent thing, especially if I am going to offer tanning parties, but I have the worst eyesight imaginable (2 cataracts removed, long story!) and I really cannot invisage being able to see a thing in a cubicle and so do streaky tans. So how do people who use cubicles overcome the lighting problem?

Why can you not just do the tans in a shower cubicle or bath with tiled wall? Could you not make this one of the requirements of things you need to have a tan party? I have done a few spray tans, especially in my own home and everything washes down fine. I have even spilled the bottle twice on myself and cream carpet and it came out.

If I was to have a tanning party (meaning as a customer) I think i would feel more comfortable having it sprayed in a washable area than having a tent in my living room.

What are your opinions. where is the most popular place people want to have the cubicle? Also i would not want other people sitting watching me having a spray tan. how do you normally carry out your party?

Would be interested in the replies

At a Party, the spraying is usually done in a tent in another room to where the guests are having their glasses of wine and nibbles...... doing it in a bathroom is also ok but can be awkward when trying to reach the bottom of legs if you are spraying someone in the bath and if you are restricted with a shower cubicle!

With plenty of practice you can adapt to spray in most situations, one new situation I had to overcome yesterday was spraying a guy who was nearly 6'10" tall! I am only 5'4" !!! Could have done with a pair of high heels or a step ladder!!

Trick is to work together with clients and overcome the situation - bending, stretching, moving closer to the light as you need them etc! Rely on your spraying technique too, sometimes when you can see any spray coming out, yet you know it is as you tested on the tissue, keep going in a methodical manner and all will be fine! Do not be tempted to crank open the flow control as this will flood the client with solution.

The tent is a superb item to take with you although I will make some enquiries about a natural daylight which you can clip on to the side of the tent....... will keep you posted!

Mandy x

Cheers for all the feed back look forward to more info on the natural light.

Sabrina

Latest posts

Back