SOLOR OIL??? please need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazG1

Reaction score
Hi im new to the industry and have a diploma in fiberglass/silk and recently completed my acrylic course and was not once told to apply oil to enhancements! I was told the problems too much water can cause (obviously) Mayb in my mind i thought the likes of alot of cuticle oil etc would cause the same problems. i use Millenium products or star nails @ min as need to get more Millinium, and i thought that all nail enhancements were impermeable, therefore i couldnt c the purpose of oil, could some1 please explain the benifits of 'solor oil' to me. Im really confused! thanx alot :) also have never told clients to use oils and could they use the likes of baby oil etc to keep the nails nourished???? really need help thank u! oh also is solor oil the same as cuticle oil???

Most cuticle oils are quite heavy and therefore do not penetrate enhancement products. Solar oil has been developed to deeply penetrate and plastisise liquid and powder enhancements, this helps keep them flexible and strong.
Oil and moisture should not give enhancements trouble if they are well applied.

Even with non porous products, such as UV gels (most, but not all) The oil is still good to perscribe as it will help keep the skin condition around the enhancement healthy and conditioned. (Vitamin E in solar oil is potent in fighting the aging process)

Solar oil is great for enhancements and can dramatically reduce service breakdown.

HTH

thanks thats great, should i recomend solor oil with fiberglass and silk 2??? what about the likes of baby oil they too thick? i will get some solor oil would you apply solor oil straight after applying a set of enhancements???

JazG1 said:
thanks thats great, should i recomend solor oil with fiberglass and silk 2??? what about the likes of baby oil they too thick? i will get some solor oil would you apply solor oil straight after applying a set of enhancements???

Baby Oil is way too thick!!!
Oil is almost incapable of penetrating, it's only the very specific formula that allows solar oil to do it's thing.

I would definatly reccomend solar oil for silk/ fibre, heck I recomend it for everyone, enhancements or not! - The new solar balm is a fantastic alternative (when it finally arrives LOL)

thanx again remember im new im a dumb ass @ some o this! LOL im def guna get some solar oil!!! also heard that pure almond oil can b used for this do u know if this is true? thanx chick soz for the dumb questions all ave 2 learn some how!

:) No such thing as a dumb question!! :)

Pure almond oil is still a heavy oil, it's the combination of Jojoba Oil and Vit E combined in their specific concentrations that makes solar oil unique.

(I have seen someone try and "home brew" it and it really don't do the same job)

Always ask questions, ya just never know what gem of knowledge you might glean.

JazG1 said:
thanx again remember im new im a dumb ass @ some o this! LOL im def guna get some solar oil!!! also heard that pure almond oil can b used for this do u know if this is true? thanx chick soz for the dumb questions all ave 2 learn some how!
If you want to get Solar Oil for yourself or clients,try Creative Nail Academy in Dublin 00353 1 4599199/4599195.It comes in several sizes,and i know they will give you info on the product to read.It is one of the best selling products - ever.
Karen

Thanks Envy....was wondering as I was looking through the catalogue...what on earth does the solar oil do!!!! I havent had the time to order just yet, but will do when I take care of some things which need sorting out. Cheers

Ok. :)

Solar Oil is a synergystic blend of naturally light oils and vitamin E that deeply penetrate and protect skin and nails.

Jojoba seed oil deeply penetrates skin, nails and Liquid & powder enhancements, it acts as a carrier, drawing down the other oils and vitamin E

Vitamin E is and antioxidant that takes out free radicals associated with premature aging.

The other oils soften and moisturise..

In enhancements the oil acts as a type of cushioning, filling in the small spaces and keeping nails moisturised and flexible ... phew, that was a mouthfull LOL.

Use daily for best effects.

Latest posts

Back