Some NVQ FAQ's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

On the suggestion of GMG I've posted an article in Premium Geek on NVQ's etc.

For those of you that are interested go and have a read (it's a bit long :eek: )

If there are any more questions please ask them and I'll add the answers at some point.

Thank you for the article(s) - I think the light is starting to dawn and I have a much better idea of what, why and how now :D

Many thanks

Trin
xx

That is an excellent article Marion- well done- very informative & clear to follow, just one question for you tho.....

I have an IHBC Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Diploma in Business, (plus the others you get when you pass this course) I received these after a 2yr full time course @ college so.... What units would i need to gain an NVQ in nail enhancements??

If iv read your tutorial right, because i've covered reception, consultations, manicures,etc, etc with this qualification i wont need to do these units in NVQ.. Am i right??

Bit puzzled about which ones are relevant to me

Thanks
xxxxxx

Hi beckster

I'm probably not the barer of good news! If you want an NVQ in Nail Services I think you will have to do most of the units again. Sorry!

The reason being the new Standards are so much more in depth and I'm pretty sure the IHBC Diploma is loosely based on the old standards. As you did beauty the a & p is probably all covered though. I'm sure there is much you have already covered but it is often easier to just do it rather than try to compare the criteria!

Glad you found the article useful

im just desperate to know when the nvq enrollment sheets willl be ready, i really want to get started on it but nothing narder, not a sausage, i was hopeing to get one last month but nothing yet, i know rachel (choclate) was looking in to it, not heard nothing yet:cry:

kalchis said:
im just desperate to know when the nvq enrollment sheets willl be ready, i really want to get started on it but nothing narder, not a sausage, i was hopeing to get one last month but nothing yet, i know rachel (choclate) was looking in to it, not heard nothing yet:cry:

If you're dealing with Rachel I assume you are doing it via a SAC?

Don't know why there is a delay. The Standards came into being Aug '04 and C&G were up to speed on them not long after. Training Providers usually have their own workbooks in addition to those from the Awarding Body but none of this should stop starting work on it as long as the Standards are available.

C&G have had their log books available for a while I believe.

I realise this doesn't answer your question but the answer can only come from your training provider.

Latest posts

Back