Someone copying my work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaniteb

Reaction score
Help!!!

Today I was going through Marketplace items on facebook that are on sale. I like to look at different beauty things, perhaps something comes in handy for me or even see what other girls got to offer as well and what's the competing price

Then...

I came across a familiar picture. And I knew right away, that is my work and that is my client (I do individual lash extensions)

I messaged the girl showing interest (she is roughly 40 miles away from me) and once she replied I asked if that's her work in the picture. To which she replied yes and sent me a bunch of other pictures (which were not mine fortunately) but the one she is advertising with to start with is mine !!

Would you not say this is false advertisement ? Her stating that it is her that's done it ? Is there much I can do about this ? I did call her out and said that I know for a fact that it's not her work and that it is in fact mine, to which she replied with, "you can't prove it honey."

Is there anything at all I can do about this ?
I suppose I do feel slight happiness that someone thinks my work is good but go as far as advertising with it and then stating it's her own ?

You need to watermark your pics before posting on Facebook.

You need to watermark your pics before posting on Facebook.

Thanks, I have started doing that but I'm wondering in the case it wasn't and what I could do about it :)

This has happened to me before, and I've simply commented under the post saying this is my work can you kindly remove the photo.
When we post a photo we have to have the clients consent, this girl posting your photo clearly does not have that permission, weather it's watermarked or not

It happens all the time as there are a lot of therapists that don’t care about professional integrity or maintaining high standards.
She’s obviously doesn’t care either so maybe ask your client to message her directly, telling tell her to remove it as she hasn’t given her permission to use her image, and then to contact Facebook too asking them to delete it.

This has happened to me before, and I've simply commented under the post saying this is my work can you kindly remove the photo.
When we post a photo we have to have the clients consent, this girl posting your photo clearly does not have that permission, weather it's watermarked or not

I would have done it.. however it was on Facebook marketplace so unfortunately it doesn't offer to write comments.. it has been removed for now.. going to keep an eye on more, that was something really unexpected.

It happens all the time as there are a lot of therapists that don’t care about professional integrity or maintaining high standards.
She’s obviously doesn’t care either so maybe ask your client to message her directly, telling tell her to remove it as she hasn’t given her permission to use her image, and then to contact Facebook too asking them to delete it.

Could you suggest the best way to watermark the pictures? :)

Latest posts

Back