Soo soo quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honey5

Reaction score
Morning all, I know starting abuisness is hard but at the minute I have nothing in this week at all. I work form home and mobile does anyone have any ideas of special offers i can put on just to get my buisness going again i would be really grateful thanks

xx

Hi hun, it is a quiet time, kids just back to school, people all spent out after the holls and still a recession. As you said if your business is new it will take time hun, and an empty week seems awfull but is normal.:hug:
What sort of advertising do you do? Have you got yourself on all the free web advertising sites? I have found the best thing i did was get a website and get on all the free ad sites. Do you have a profile on facebook, you could pop a special offer on your status, thats got a few spray tans in for me in the past.
Spend the day getting your name on every thing you possibly can on the net. Netmums.com is another one i found good.
Christmas is just round the corner, it will pick up again with party's etc so dont panick.:hug:

I would contact every client that you do have and ask if they will recommend a friend to come to your salon .. if they come and name the client who sent them .. then the client gets a nice gift, or a special service price.

I did this a few times when I have the salons .. snet out a really nice card saying "SHARE YOUR SECRET WITH A FRIEND" and explaining how it would work. I always got some new clients this way and some happy old ones.

Chin up chuck! :hug:

I have emailed you some ideas.

And I love Gigi's idea too.

BUT YOU MUST TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS!!!!! Don't sit around waiting for business to come to you - be proactive :hug:

Definetly is a quiet week. My mobile side is dead as a dodo this week, whereas last week I was bombed out.

I personally don't advertise as I could not handle the work load. That said if I did pull my finger out I could be booked up pretty quick this week.

You have to go to the clients when it gets like this. I always find social sites a great place to attract new interest and of course that of your regular clients too. Why not text an offer around each day to a select few clients offering a tan on that day for £5 off etc. You could also e-mail them saying if they have a full price tan this week their next tan is half price.

There is a lot you can do, and anything advertising wise you lay down now is in all good prep to carry you through even when you are busy and don't have the time to do it think about it.

Good luck x

Last edited:
i had a quiet week last week phone hardly rang after a busy 3 weeks..
on saturday i was upset about it and started thinking 'the worse' straight away.
but today my phone has been busy again..
so i reckon there will always be a quiet a week/day and it doesnt mean the worse.

surf the net and post some promos etc...
my salon has never been so sparkly clean...since opening..lol

its true the busier you are the less you will think about it

Latest posts

Back