Soooo Quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honey5

Reaction score
Morning Geeks as some off you will know i started mobile and from my home in January but is slow i thought i might off picked up I have around 6 clients that use me but that not a great deal I got postcards for spray tanning made from vista print put them out now am thinking off giving some free treatments just to get clients in you know to keep my hand in all am doing is failing am banging my head against a wall here really dont want to fail ive spent to much time and money and I live doing treatments

What would you lovely people do??????

thank you x

Well instead of devalueing your services by doing them for free, why don't you try adding something instead. Have a facial and receive a free hand treatment, which you can do during the masque.

Or if it is spray tans in particular you are trying to promote, how about a loyalty card. Give them a stamp every time they come in, once they have 5 or so, they can have one free.

What are you doing to advertise your business? Is there a local rag you can advertise in? Are you on yell.com? Do you do leaflet drops?

I wouldn't offer free services as such but you could offer add-on's for free so they feel like they are getting better value...for example, you could offer them complimentary nail art/glitter tips etc with each set of nails. Or for spray tans you could give them a free shimmer spray with their tan. I have lots of add on services on my treatment list so what I occasionally do is throw in one of these for free...paraffin wax, glitter tips etc.

Or you could give them a voucher for a free back massage or something similar (not sure what services you offer) this is a great value treatment but doesn't cost loads in product and only a small amount of your time.

xx

I would work on those clients and get them to do all the hard work and bring their friends and family to you. Recommedation is the best way of getting clients but you have to look after the client doing all the hard work for you. So offer her a % off her treatment if she recommends a friend. If she recommends 2 friends then maybe give her a little treatment for free. Not only is this good for pulling the clients in but you can offer your client a treatment for free that she has never had before, therefore you may have gained another client for another service xxx

If you're not busy then you must have time on your hands, which you can use to market yourself wherever possible. Assuming you don't have a great big advertising budget, you can investigate where to advertise your business for as little as possible, if not free - all it'll take is your time.

I've taken lots of advice from Calla and other peeps on SalonGeek and can really recommend advertising and marketing as follows:

FREE -
www.freeindex.co.uk
www.netmums.com
www.yell.com
www.brownbook.com
Facebook groups/marketplace
Leaflet delivering to places where ladies gather/work

Schools - call up all your local schools and nurseries, ask if they're planning any events which you can take part in (Ladies Indulgence Evenings, Fetes and Bazaars) OR you could offer a Voucher as a raffle prize, in return for something like your flyers being handed out/on display/you being allowed to hand them out.

It took me a while, but I realised that the geeks who advise us not to reduce our prices or offer treatments free of charge are absolutely right.
Word may get round that you do "cheap treatments" which may do you no good at all in the end.

If you do loads of legwork, and keep at it every spare minute you have, then you'll soon see the results. Deliver a great, confident service and you'll then get some great, genuine referrals.

Also, ensure you start to keep an accurate database of Enquiries, Regulars, and Haven't Returned. You can then organise your marketing appropriately, writing to or emailing particular groups in a particular way offering particular promotions.

Hope a tiny bit of that helps
xx

Latest posts

Back