Sorry questions again, mermaid glitter and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
How or when do I apply mermaid glitters onto shellac
? If I've already top coated and then decide I want to add the glitters in
Do I buff back and add it onto the inhibition layer ?
Sorry for sounding silly I'm just having a busy day and no time to play around

Love days like that

I'll be interested to hear the replies on this, never done mermaid glitter ...

If you've already removed the inhibition layer, buff to rough the surface, and reapply topcoat, cure, burnish in the mermaid glitter and topcoat as usual [emoji5]️

I dip the top coat brush (with a small amount of top coat on it) into the mermaid glitter and then apply it over colour - I find the outcome to be more even than burnishing into inhibition layer. Then just clean the brush with paper kitchen towel - fold the towel to wrap the brush in, apply pressure, and pull the brush out (repeat 2-3x). Or keep seperate top coat for glitters and stuff.
If inhibition layer hasn't been wiped - just do the application over it. If inhibition layer has been removed - buff the top coat, then apply.

When I applied mermaid glitter, it bobbled?

When I applied mermaid glitter, it bobbled?
Sorry I was in a rush I've done them they were ok but it bobbled the inhibition layer and that sort of mushed a bit then the glitter went on ok
I suppose that's ok?

Sorry I was in a rush I've done them they were ok but it bobbled the inhibition layer and that sort of mushed a bit then the glitter went on ok
I suppose that's ok?

I don't really get, what you mean "they bobbled"? :D I have never came across smth like that.

I don't really get, what you mean "they bobbled"? :D I have never came across smth like that.
Sorry I'm rubbish at explaining it was like the inhibition layer was getting mixed up with the glitter and bobbling up and then dropping off
It stopped after a while
They looked fab though

Sorry I'm rubbish at explaining it was like the inhibition layer was getting mixed up with the glitter and bobbling up and then dropping off
It stopped after a while
They looked fab though

Now I see, yes - I have experienced this as well, for this reason I use the method I described, it is much less frustrating. :)
P.S. After mermaid glitter&top coat mix is applied, you should top coat it with clear top coat to achieve smooth finish.

Latest posts

Back