Spa Location

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepanther

Reaction score
My business partner and I are still looking for the ideal premises to set up our new day spa (proper with hydrotherapy, sauna etc) in and have been debating as to whether it should be located in town or out of town. We have viewed a number of potentials but are still unsure.

Out of town would mean that it is in a quieter setting with relaxing surroundings ideal for those wishing to be pampered and forget the outside world. This would also allow for parking for staff and clients.

However if it were in town then we would not be restricting our client base as we would be able to offer waxing, mani, pedis and facials etc to cater for the everyday essentials and those coming in during their lunch hours. It will also be ideal for the pamper parties as groups can then move on into town afterwards if they are making a night of it. The downside is obviously it will be noisier and there will not be parking directly outside.

If you were going to a day spa which location would you prefer and why?

I personally would go for an out of town spa especially if I was going for a whole day cos it would be more of a luxury and more relaxing. And I would definately go for the place with parking, although that could just be me cos I don't do public transport! Lol! Also as an after thought some ppl may not want to be seen without their make up on etc...(just a thought?)

I would also say an out of town would appeal to me more. The quieter the better.

I understand what you are saying about regular treatments but if people think you offer good quality service at the right price then they will come to you.

Think about what you would want if you were the client, what you would like to see (or rather what you wouldn't!) and then go from there.

I hope you find the right premises for you.

how will you compete though with the likes of eden hall?

Most people in lincolnshire think its the bees knees, I dont think its all that great but then I am in the trade.

Personally I would say in town if the unit has parking, or very very close prox. I love going to different salons and would personally have a spa day at a salon in town. As long as I can park easily theres no probs!

You then get both types of trade, rather than just the spa day goers, that may use more established places until you yourself build up your reputation.

Kate x

Latest posts

Back