special offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimboodee2

Reaction score
Hi

I'm about to go go live with my mobile business . and was wondering what you guys do as special offers.

I was going to offer 25% off Nail extentions and some other higher priced treatments. Do you think this enough?

I do not want to cut my prices too much as i have spent so much training and buying everything but at the same time want to get clients and dont want a big jump for clients for full price .... A mobile business near by is offering your 1st 6 sets of nails for £10 but I feel that is far too low and would not be worth leaving the house and think it would be hard to get your prices back up...

Your thoughts much appreciated.

:hug:

Denise x

I personally don't do special offers, never have and never will. I have been going a very long time and moved city so therefore had to start up again. I think specials are for salons to fill in for quiet times with passing trade but nothing more. I think, at best, they encourage clients who want something for nothing and not regulars, trust me the cheaper you are the cheaper your clients will be!

As long as you offer good value for money and are cheerful, punctual and efficient you will be fine.

I think offering nails at £10 shows a lack of experience and confidence so I certainly wouldn't follow your rival's lead! Be confident in yourself and your treatments and charge accordingly. I did from the beginning and have been fully booked for years now! :)

I definitely wouldn't lower prices, but I have just started up spray tanning mobile and am offering 20% off their next tan (not the first one) if they refer a new customer to me. This way it encourages people to recommend me and so increase my customer base, but also they will come back for their discounted tan as well x
Good luck x

I'm gonna do a discount if you refer a friend maybe start of next year if i get quiet, or an offer where if you book hair you geta beauty treatment at 10% off...

think of the treatments you do which are high profit and you can afford to lose the money from...last thing you wanna do is offer half price nails when the half price doesn't cover your travel and products. but i agree, sometimes money off deals or low prices can make you look like you are bad and thats why you need to have cheap prices. xx

I personally don't do special offers, never have and never will. I have been going a very long time and moved city so therefore had to start up again. I think specials are for salons to fill in for quiet times with passing trade but nothing more. I think, at best, they encourage clients who want something for nothing and not regulars, trust me the cheaper you are the cheaper your clients will be!

As long as you offer good value for money and are cheerful, punctual and efficient you will be fine.

I think offering nails at £10 shows a lack of experience and confidence so I certainly wouldn't follow your rival's lead! Be confident in yourself and your treatments and charge accordingly. I did from the beginning and have been fully booked for years now! :)

Hi there, Would you still charge full price even if your timing wasn't up to speed? I'm about to start on my own and am a bit concerned with the time issue as its taking me 2 and half hrs at the mo or should I practice more to get my time down b4 I start?
Thanks x x:confused:

What I did was let people know how long it would take. That way they can make their own minds up. I only had a couple of people say that they didn't have the time and even if I had charged less they still wouldn't have had the time.

I think you have to decide if you are still practicing or if you do a good job but just take a little longer. You do not want to give the impression to any paying client that you are just practicing on them, even if they were ok with that you then have to decide when you think you are ready to charge in full for what you do. At that point you then have to hope your client thinks the same. Charging full price leaves nothing to chance, both you and the client know what to expect. Your speed will pick up quickly enough.

It is hard starting up but I am never comfortable with offers and price reductions you will have people ever at you for offers, asking you when the next one is and only booking in when there is one. I think the referral thing is a good idea as this will generate business but I would also put a price on that, say once they have spent a certain amount of money with you. You don't want to be giving 20% off a set of nails when her daughter had her eyebrows waxed once!

As long as you are doing a good job, nails look good, don't ping off or turn a funny colour you will have loyal and regular clients! :)

What I did was let people know how long it would take. That way they can make their own minds up. I only had a couple of people say that they didn't have the time and even if I had charged less they still wouldn't have had the time.

I think you have to decide if you are still practicing or if you do a good job but just take a little longer. You do not want to give the impression to any paying client that you are just practicing on them, even if they were ok with that you then have to decide when you think you are ready to charge in full for what you do. At that point you then have to hope your client thinks the same. Charging full price leaves nothing to chance, both you and the client know what to expect. Your speed will pick up quickly enough.

It is hard starting up but I am never comfortable with offers and price reductions you will have people ever at you for offers, asking you when the next one is and only booking in when there is one. I think the referral thing is a good idea as this will generate business but I would also put a price on that, say once they have spent a certain amount of money with you. You don't want to be giving 20% off a set of nails when her daughter had her eyebrows waxed once!

As long as you are doing a good job, nails look good, don't ping off or turn a funny colour you will have loyal and regular clients! :)

Thanks for that Sheila
My husband suggested i get my nails done at the place nearest to me so I can see what I'm up against and whether I am good enough to chrage full priceor still need more practice, personally I don't fee comfortable with full price but only because of my timings, the nails I've done have been quite nice and don't break or ping off!!
Ohhhhh it's so difficult
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back