Spellcheck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't that used to drive you crazy when you were a child? "Mum how do I spell Xyz?" and then you were told to go and look it up in the dictionary. For goodness sakes if I knew how to find it in the dictionary I wouldn't be asking! :eek: :smack:

That was exactly what i thought....parents were not having that though and said if I went to the trouble of looking it up I would remember it, if they just told me I would forget it!!!

bump, bump, bump :)

what about the dyslexics among us?I know from experience-my partner is badly dyslexic-spell checkers don't always work-because you need to know roughly how the word is spelt in the 1st place for the spell checker to correct you...I just worry that having read this thread that alot of the dyslexics amongst us may now feel too embarassed to post, and dyslexics are very intelligent people so we may be losing alot of valuable information just by this thread being on the board?....

Bump Bump Bump!!!!!!!!!:green::hug:

I know most of you geeks are from the UK, so english is not that hard for you. But for the geeks like myself who are not from the UK or another english speaking countries it's alot harder.
I just get a little upset when people can't think about other people a little more and take little things so serious.
It would be very funny to see you try to write something in dutch :green:

For some reason I can't download the spelling check.

I know most of you geeks are from the UK, so english is not that hard for you. But for the geeks like myself who are not from the UK or another english speaking countries it's alot harder.
I just get a little upset when people can't think about other people a little more and take little things so serious.

You are doing well then and obviously put in the effort. Nice to see.

Jullie doen wel en uiteraard doen de poging in. Prettig om te zien.

Like I said very funny!!!!!:lol:

bump, they also make people look uneducated even if they are not !!!!!!!

OOh....what has wound you up today???

That said...my spellcheck is still not operating...but I do manage to make sure I haven't made any mistakes!!!....just in case I upset YOU!!!

OOh....what has wound you up today???

That said...my spellcheck is still not operating...but I do manage to make sure I haven't made any mistakes!!!....just in case I upset YOU!!!
So many....... if i was an outsider looking in i'd be thinking to myself ........ (well let's not go there) try corse , for a nail course for starters. AAAAAAAAAAAH , it makes peeps look so not smart.

You know there's only one letter difference between artistic and autistic?

And before anyone jumps down my throat, my godchild is Autistic (it's merely to emphasis how bad it looks).

The one that really get's to me is lose & loose!!!....everyone uses loose on here when it should be lose!!!

You lose a few inches off your waist...then your trousers become loose!!!

OK geeks are we clear about this....no more mix ups please!

pmsl at you two...mum and dad :hug:

[(don't eeveryone laugh at once), but really ........ /QUOTE]

Did u use it?:rolleyes:

melliemelI know most of you geeks are from the UK, so english is not that hard for you. But for the geeks like myself who are not from the UK or another english speaking countries it's alot harder.

Or in Swedish... I know my spelling is a little :rolleyes: but I´m trying LOL

I'll tell you the one that gets me even more than the lose and loose is the brought vs bought. How many people go to the shops and say I brought a new coat - grrrr - maybe this is a non Scottish thing LOL.

melliemelI know most of you geeks are from the UK, so english is not that hard for you. But for the geeks like myself who are not from the UK or another english speaking countries it's alot harder.

when i see outrageous spelling mistakes i look at profiles to see where they are based, theres more errors from English speakers than non-English.

Please dont take this the wrong way - we appreciate that there are people on here who do not have English as their first language and to be honest with you they are the ones who more often than not get it right LOL.

Specific and pacific does it for me:rolleyes:

it'a all chavspeak to me :lol:

Latest posts

Back