spoon nails????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicxzy

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can help me but I tried to do my cousins nails for the first time the other day (tips & gel) and discovered she has the freakiest nails I have ever seen!
Not only are they a mixture of really wide and really tiny beds but they are exactley like spoons with a bit of a flip at the end!
Shes also a really bad biter so I found it really difficult shes never had them done before as when she tried to a few years ago she said the tech took one look at her nails and said they were impossible :s
Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks.

Mum gives great advice for spoon shaped nails in this thread:

spoon shaped nails
sueE

I took on a client with spoon shaped nails (bad biter) when I had just trained. I had loads of problems with lifting at first but we persevered. We kept them short to begin with but she now now has her infills/rebalance done every two weeks and she wears them longer and she loves them. It is not impossible!

Thanks I will try and sort them out!xxx

vicxzy said:
Not sure if anyone can help me but I tried to do my cousins nails for the first time the other day (tips & gel) and discovered she has the freakiest nails I have ever seen!
Not only are they a mixture of really wide and really tiny beds but they are exactley like spoons with a bit of a flip at the end!
Shes also a really bad biter so I found it really difficult shes never had them done before as when she tried to a few years ago she said the tech took one look at her nails and said they were impossible :s
Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks.

the way i deal with spoon nails and skijump nails is to file them back really short (to the natural smile line) then when you put a tip on them, (use gel bond tho) ive attached a pic to explain it abit easier, in the first pic - where there is a gap between the nail and the tip - this is filled with gelbond, looks odd but does work
hth

Attachments

• tip.jpg
    tip.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 60
Ooh thanks that looks like a great idea!sounds a bit complicated tho so glad you attached a piccie!Ill have to have a practice :p

Latest posts

Back