Spray tan disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantastic86

Reaction score
What would you do?

I had a girl last night for a spray tan, her skin was extremely dry and I commented on it. I use sienna x and used barter cream etc and my normal tanning routine.

She has text this morning to say her ankles are whiter than everywhere else and her elbows and knees are patchy? With an almost pattern on her knees?

I sold her sachets last night, so asked her to apply the dark tan sachet to these areas as she had a 12% tan done last night.

If that doesn't work to come back for retan tomorrow night.. Or I can refund

Thoughts please. I've done a lot of tans 50+ and not had this happen before :( xx

might seem like a silly question but did you ask her if she has had a shower ? some people wake up and think the tan is patchy and they havent washed the colour guide off.If she has is it possable you missed a little on the ankles,or what did she put on after her tan ,i would ask her to come back today so you can have a look and re spray any area that has not taken, its a little unfair to ask her to use the sachets she bought,but i would not offer a refund,it will probally only take a few min to put right.

Sounds to me she may not have had a shower and washed the guide colour off and moisturised yet?

She was wearing the totally wrong outfit for after a tan and put socks on etc! :/ despite saying.

She's coming round tonight for me to spray over these bits, but I think it's either rubbing, not taken guide off properly or gotten wet xx

It's hard when people have dry skin. Maybe there was too much barrier cream on elbows and ankles?

I would blend in the patchy bits first, once you see her you'll know what caused it, thing is the tan will have well taken now so it wont be easy to blend, then after its blended i would turn the nozzle Right Down low then do a very, very light spray

Thing is why does she have such dry skin, i know you said you spoke to her about it, so im assuming its not problem skin, which you just shouldnt spray on if its likely to cause irritation.

Also why did you ask her to apply a sachet of dark tan after a spraytan, ive never heard that one before, also sienna x doesn't streak so im completely befuddled as to how it happened

Last edited:
Hi girls,

We'll after. Seeing it, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as she'd stated!

1) she'd clearly showered in a hurry and guide was still on,

2) the knees and elbows looked like the tan had been rubbed away :/ so rest looked normal

3) even the areas of normal dry skin had taken perfectly,

So I just did a very light tan over the areas xx

Hi girls,

We'll after. Seeing it, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as she'd stated!

1) she'd clearly showered in a hurry and guide was still on,

2) the knees and elbows looked like the tan had been rubbed away :/ so rest looked normal

3) even the areas of normal dry skin had taken perfectly,

So I just did a very light tan over the areas xx

Glad you got it sorted. Its always best to see client if they have an issue as you can't really tell what the problem is until you see them.

I must say it baffles me when clients don't shower guide off properly! Also sounds like a bit too much barrier cream on knees and elbows but at least you will know for next time x

I never mention refund as people will try it on! I would always ask them to come back so you can see the tan for yourself and go from there. It is often that they havent taken off the guiide properly. I wouldn't ask her to apply the sachet tan as she has already paid for a full tan from you.

Latest posts

Back