spray tan for my holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Im off on my hols in about 5 weeks and want to get booked in for a spray tan as i am def 'A WHITER SHADE OF PALE' lol
Anyway not very well clued up on the tanning biz so need some advice, which one to go for.
my mates had hers done a couple of times and they claim its st tropez but she looks abit like a leper, all streaky , flaky and orange.. so could they be using a cheaper tan and saying its st tropez or could it be her bad exfoliating?? Also her feet always look like they been stuck on!!!, as the rest of her is a nice shade of OOMPA LHOOPA yet her feet are white, so not too keen on going where she goes. Also how much should i like at paying for a full body tan? will i be able to tan thru it ? and how long before i go away should i get it done?

Thanx peeps.

nailfairy said:
Hi guys.
Im off on my hols in about 5 weeks and want to get booked in for a spray tan as i am def 'A WHITER SHADE OF PALE' lol
Anyway not very well clued up on the tanning biz so need some advice, which one to go for.
my mates had hers done a couple of times and they claim its st tropez but she looks abit like a leper, all streaky , flaky and orange.. so could they be using a cheaper tan and saying its st tropez or could it be her bad exfoliating?? Also her feet always look like they been stuck on!!!, as the rest of her is a nice shade of OOMPA LHOOPA yet her feet are white, so not too keen on going where she goes. Also how much should i like at paying for a full body tan? will i be able to tan thru it ? and how long before i go away should i get it done?

Thanx peeps.

pmsl...oompa lhoopa ...i wouldnt bother with a fake tan b4 tou go away, i may get ripped for saying this but i prefer sunbeds, just twice a week for the next five weeks and that will have got your skin adjusted b4 you go, then you will get a tan faster and it will last longer. AND it wont wash off and leave you looking all multi toned...fake it or bake it, i know its not the best for you but i prefer bake it . xxx

I have had a spray on tan and a St Tropez tan - the one which the therapist rubs in.

I found the spray left me really streaky and didn't last very long. Also got funny orange patches on knees and elbows as I didn't exfoliate very well.

The rub in one was really good as she exfoliated for me and rub the treatment in very well. It lasted a lot longer. Only thing was that you have to wait for the lotion to work properly before you can have a shower so you are a funny dark brown colour for a while (overnight) before you can shower!

Hope this helps and enjoy your holidays - mine are just under three months away and I can't wait!

Wish i was comming with ya..!!

I Spray Tan and i ALWAYS make sure they exfoliate the night before and keep on doing so at least twice a week. This stop its from making you look like a lepar...lol
I also advise that if you are white (no base tan what so ever) you have a few sessions before hand to give you a good tan base and again this helps with not looking like a Lepar ...!

I charge £25 for 2 sessions.

Hope i helped..xx

ps...yes you can tan through it

nailfairy said:
Hi guys.

Thanx peeps.

Use a booth......

We have the MagicTan unit in our Salon and it's great. Take a look at www.ukspraytan.co.uk

They have one in Lincoln as well. Definately worth the trip.

NailStyle said:
i prefer sunbeds, just twice a week for the next five weeks and that will have got your skin adjusted b4 you go, then you will get a tan faster and it will last longer. AND it wont wash off and leave you looking all multi toned...fake it or bake it, i know its not the best for you but i prefer bake it . xxx
Thats the prob though, ive got a sunbed but i just dont colour on it :cry: I am very pale, I have alot of blood problems and anemia. But me and hubby are going away for a week without the kids(there going to Canada with my mum and dad) so i would like to have even just a nice glow b4 i go. But must admit i am a little :Scared: scared about a fake tan after seeing my friend!

Hi Ya, i would definately say go for it and have a spray tan done, i used to use the sun beds all the time until i had to have two moles removed as an emergency because they were high risk and ever since then it has really freaked me out! So i just have a spray tan done now, i use on my clients Bali Sun and use their new relaxing aromatherapy solution which is gorgeous, my friend also uses that on me and i love the colour its a natural golden colour. I charge £15 for a full body and £10 for half a body, which is the going rate locally to me. Definately exfoliate the evening before x x x x

nailfairy said:
Thats the prob though, ive got a sunbed but i just dont colour on it :cry: I am very pale, I have alot of blood problems and anemia. But must admit i am a little :Scared: scared about a fake tan after seeing my friend!

If you have these problems, then spray tanning was made for you.

Every Spray tan has it's disasters, but it's really down to people who just simply don't know what they are doing.

What you have to remember is that at the end of the day, it's only a fake tan. Some better than others, but they are still 'fake' tans.

It also depends on how quickly your body sheds it's dermis (top layer of skin), and how evenly you 'help' it to do this.

Most brands have a full range of products available to purchase for before and after your tan. The 'Extend' (MagicTan range) will help it fade more naturally and keep it alive for an extra few days.

Our staff use our Booth all the time. After all, they have to promote it for us. They have no problems.

hi ya , i have heard fake bake is meant to be good for paler skins, i am doing the course at the end of march so will let you know wot its like coz i am the same , practicaly albino :D

Hi

I am palish and i have tried st tropez lotion and spray (prefer the lotion) and sudo (too dark for me 'tangoed' springs to mind but nice on darker people) and heavanly bodies excellant colour very natural.

Iv'e used St Tropaz Range and find the Mousse to be the best to apply and colour wise.
Fake Bake better for slightly darker skinned people because its a dark brown.

hi,
The main thing you will need to be aware of especially if having it done for your holidays is that chlorine and salt water will strip ANY tan. SO the last thing yu want to be doing is paying £20 or whatever for a tan which is going to streak because you have been swimming....do yu know what i mean!

I am qulified with SU-DO and use there tanning solution which if have found to be good, as they offer two different shades making it suitable for everyone.

Wherever you decide to go to to have it done, they should be qualified in proper application, this way you should never be steaky or OOMPA LOOMPA,d no idea what that looks like though....lol.

Choose someone who can recommend a salon...ie not your friend . I would stay clear from this one if i were you. :wink2:
You will tan through it so will will need protection. For my clients who are travelling on the Saturday i advise to have one on the Monday previous and then a top up on the Thursday. They normally last between 5-10 days.

Remember though, swimming will strip it. And what do you normally want to do when it is scorching hot....!! :D

nailfairy said:
Hi guys.

Thanx peeps.

Hi, I Would Say If You Are Going In 5 Weeks Have A Trial. Even If You Only Have Legs Done To See If You Like The Colour And Look Of It. At Least You Can Still Wear Trousers In This Weather To Cover Them Up If You Do Not Like It. I Use The Su-do Airbrush Tan, And I Think The Colour It Gives Is Very Natural, But Again You Have Plenty Of Time To Have A Trial.

liz MASSAM said:
Hi, I Would Say If You Are Going In 5 Weeks Have A Trial. Even If You Only Have Legs Done To See If You Like The Colour And Look Of It. At Least You Can Still Wear Trousers In This Weather To Cover Them Up If You Do Not Like It. I Use The Su-do Airbrush Tan, And I Think The Colour It Gives Is Very Natural, But Again You Have Plenty Of Time To Have A Trial.

Liz your based at boston arent you, thats not far at all from me, can you p.m me with the name of your salon so i can get intouch.
Many thanx xx

Hi, I have a salon in Lincoln, and would be happy to do a 'geek-rate' St Tropez for you!

I have several clients who are pale-skinned and I advise them to make sure they are freshly showered & exfoliated before the treatment as this seems to stop the tan developing too dark. I also provide st tropez moisturiser to dilute the tan a little, just in case. Results are fab!

Not sure why your friends would have had a problem with St Tropez, as you say, they may be falsely advertising the St Tropez name?

Please PM me if you are close enough to Lincoln, and I will sort out a special geeky-price! xx

Hi just thought i'd say that a sunbed works by only bringing out any exhisting tan by stimulating the melanocytes(melanin) in your skin therfore if you are very pale (like me) and don't have much Melanin, a sunbed won't do anything for you unless you've previously tanned before, which i can never do easily.

I would recommend a St Tropez spray tan if you want a quick application or the lotion (manual) if you fancy a bit of pampering.

Either way the skin should be well exfoliated before application and moisturiser applied to dry areas ie, elbows, kness etc to stop the dark orange effect as the skin will absorb more because it's so dry.

As long as you exfoliate regularly during the tan period it should remain even & not streaky at all.
Be sure to use a high SPF when you are on Hol though because it does not contain any Sun protection & you can tan through it.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
nailfairy said:
Thats the prob though, ive got a sunbed but i just dont colour on it :cry: I am very pale, I have alot of blood problems and anemia. But me and hubby are going away for a week without the kids(there going to Canada with my mum and dad) so i would like to have even just a nice glow b4 i go. But must admit i am a little :Scared: scared about a fake tan after seeing my friend!

Latest posts

Back