Spray tan training/product research help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
OK, just bought an airbrush machine from a friend of mine (previous nail tech/spray tanner who has given up and gone back to a 'normal' job lol). Seems really good quality machine, cost her £500, hardly used and I got it for £100, so bargain, anyway..

Never had any training, but sent off for Vani-T sample and gave it a go. :lol: Oh my word!! Not as easy as it looks is it!! (Should have known better really!)

Already trained with Fake Bake cream version, and because I bought a load of stock from them, any further training would be free of charge..but...

do I stick with Fake Bake or do you think clients would prefer a different spray tan brand?? Vani-T seems really nice, the colour of the tan was lovely, the problem was the application!!! I also love the packaging of Vani-T, because it matches the colour of my salon, which may sounds silly, but for displaying retail, that's a good thing.

I also live in a small town, so would have to travel for training. I normally go to my nail supplier in Glasgow for training, but don't like the spray tan brand they use.. so any help would be appreciated.

Do you have different brands of tan in your salon? Does it work? Or should I stick to the one brand?

Spray tan and cream applied tan are two totally different things.
i use Vani-t and love it, I would definately recommend you go for training though.
I was trained in a different product and switched to using Vani-t so you could probably still go to your local supplier for the training.

i have been trained in both sun junkie and fake bake and really prefer fake bake its such a nicer colour more natural we tried loads before deciding on fake bake i think personally its lovely and u couldnt go wrong with it x

Talk to the machine manufacturers....even if you have bought a secondhand machine its worth familiarising your self with them and what their recommendations are.

Not every solution is suitable for every machine. I use both a HVLP and an airbrush and i use different solutions in each. As they work at different pressures, the pick up of liquid varies, and can effect both the result and the amount of solution you will use (and waste in overspray!), so its truly worth a/ talking to the original suppliers and b/ trying a few samples.

I trained in two systems.. and learnt 2 different styles the adapted those styles to me.. the reason i sought second training is the first company.. after paying for the machine/training were about to sell to public.. so i had no option but to swap to Vani-T.. which i love.. but customer service (in my area anyway) can be a bit of a hassle.

i tried many samples which i got through spray tan supermarket, and also loved tantrick.. findind a supplier near me was the problem..

get to know your gun/machine.. even after 2 training sessions i still needed to work it out for my self and my style.. i still am.
good luck mate

Latest posts

Back