Spray Tanning help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimee1412

Reaction score
Hello :), im new to the site, and spray tanning. I qualified about 1 month ago, and have started my own business...i've done a few tans on my mum and sister, and a few friends. Everytime i have used vasaline on the palms of there hands, but they're still getting tan on there palms. I have been told to try barrier cream, what do people find work best?

Also i trained with SunLabs, and they had client record cards at the training, but when ive ordered my equipment, there was no packages including them, and ive also looked on the internet and cant find any! Would it be worth making my own? Can anybody help me with a disclaimer?

Any advice would be great..thankyou :lol:!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Could it be perhaps that they are touching thre tan alot with thier hands, this would cause orange palms!! Very frustrating but you can only advise them not to do this you can make them.

hth

I make all my own client record cards, for alll the treatments I do. I can never find retail ones that have the info I need on, so I doo my own!

Re the tanning, to be honest I don't even use barrier cream nowadays and I have no problem with tan on palms, unless the client then is touching tanned areas and it transfers...sometimes in their sleep. I would guess this is what they are doing. I don't know why but some people do seem to have this fascination with touching sprayed skin.....or wet paint!!!

It is worth using barrier cream in the early days whilst you are getting used to it, but as you get more skilled you'll probably find you don't need it. Some tachs get their clients to hold a tennis ball in their hands, back of the hand upwards and then no spray can get into the palm and there is no chance of overspray getting through there.

Thanks for replying with advice!

The tennis ball idea is a good idea isnt it? Il try barrier cream and tell them to avoid touching there skin, but i agree, people do just want to touch there skin right after a tan!

So do you not use a disclaimer? Only because on my tanning course, they told me that if someone is taking HRT, they have found that there was patches on the skin that just wouldn't tan. Im only wondering for things such as, orange palms, parts that wont tan. I know some people use disclaimers.

On the record cards do you just take name, what tan you've used, aftercare advise and things along them lines? I have took general information on the people i have tanned.

Thanks so much x

How were you been shown to do the hands?

I dont use anything on hand either, Im sure it will be your clients touching it after lol!

xx

On my tanning record cards, I take usual name address info, dob, and then list anything that could affect the spray tan, including any hormonal treatments, pregnancy, medications they are taking, or other possible causes of either reaction, sensitised skin or skin that may not tan....including old scar tissue. (if it doens't tan in the sun, its unlikely to develop properly if at all with a spray tan)

I ask them to tick anything that applies. I won't tan in the first 3 momths of pregnancy and will advise against for other serious skin conditions. I advise avoiding any area with bad eczema/psoriasis, and won't tan skin that has been waxed, lasered or other treatment in the previous 24 hours.

I always use barrier cream any cream really apply like a hand cream and same on feet then at the end of the tan i wipe over the palms with a baby wipe to make sure they are clear of tan. All you can do is tell your client not to touch themslves arter your gone and f they do to take a baby wipe and wipe over the palms of their hands .

Hello
New to this so bare with me!
I have just started my own spray tan business. The tans have been coming out great but some are patchy around wrist area, what barrier creams do you all use?
Thanks Sarah:cry:

Hi the Barrier Cream that I use is Sienna X - I think about £6.25 + VAT.

The other thing I recommend for my clients for stained palms is put a pair of cotton socks over palms when going to bed and this will avoid the staining.

Hope this helps.
:)

I have never felt the need to use a barrier cream on hands or feet.

I do wipe both with damp paper after the tan. I have never found any colour there and it does prove that if they have any stain, it is down to them touching themselves. HTH

Thats another great idea! Any more tips?

How did you build up your clientel?

wear the tan yourself!!
always a good one, xxx

haha i do actually have one on at the moment! I loved being tanned so, lets just hope the people round here do too! x

Latest posts

Back