Spray tanning on under 16's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulou86

Reaction score
So, I have had a booking today from two girls who are wanting spray tans next weekend - they are both 15 and so I said that should be fine but would need a parent/guardian to sign a consent form.

I have a treatment/beauty room at home and as they have booked together I wondered how you would all go about this firstly as they are under 16 - should I ask for a parent to attend to sign the consent forms (so I know they haven't signed themselves)?

Also, they would both have to be in my treatment room whilst they are here as I don't have any kind of waiting area and wouldn't really want them sitting in my lounge!

I know it's silly but I also want to protect myself and not go about it in the wrong way given that they're under 16 as you hear about horrible stories of accusations being made and especially in a home salon where it will be just me there.

I've only had my treatment room open for about a month so am new to things like this!

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Louise
x

Also just to add I have also contacted my insurance company to ask whether I can carry out the tan on an under 16 year old but just waiting to hear back from them.

Just to cover yourself from an insurance point if view.
Even thought a kit of teenagers now days are so independent we battle to even see how old they are.

Get parents to drop them off and sign the form and wait in the lounge or waiting area. Or make sure you have another person in the room or salon with you.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Just to cover yourself from an insurance point if view.
Even thought a kit of teenagers now days are so independent we battle to even see how old they are.

Get parents to drop them off and sign the form and wait in the lounge or waiting area. Or make sure you have another person in the room or salon with you.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thanks nailpod for your reply :) Heard back from my insurance company now and they said it's fine to do as long as the parent/guardian is present and I have written consent from them too :)

Thanks nailpod for your reply :) Heard back from my insurance company now and they said it's fine to do as long as the parent/guardian is present and I have written consent from them too :)

you have done everything absolutely spot on )))

you have done everything absolutely spot on )))

Thank you. I did contact them and explain I would need a parent present except they turned up without one!

So I explained again, and they rang their mum who came down - took 20 minutes for her to get here so thankfully I didn't have anyone booked in straight after!

On the plus the tans went well and I've potentially got the mum booking in for a shellac next week so also made a new client! :) fab!

Thank you. I did contact them and explain I would need a parent present except they turned up without one!

So I explained again, and they rang their mum who came down - took 20 minutes for her to get here so thankfully I didn't have anyone booked in straight after!

On the plus the tans went well and I've potentially got the mum booking in for a shellac next week so also made a new client! :) fab!

nice to see that your doing things properly ...we do need to be due diligent with how we conduct our business so as to mitigate falling foul of creating unexpected problems for ourselves as well as our customers

this will undoubtabley pay dividends for you in the long run :hug:

nice to see that your doing things properly ...we do need to be due diligent with how we conduct our business so as to mitigate falling foul of creating unexpected problems for ourselves as well as our customers

this will undoubtabley pay dividends for you in the long run :hug:

Yeah I hope so :) I'm relatively new and I definitely think its important to start as I mean to go on. Doing things properly from the start will hopefully mean that I will be much better off and have clients that respect what I do and why in the long run :)

Latest posts

Back