Spray tanning yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molojo87

Reaction score
Hi

I know this might seem like a really silly question but has anyone ever tried spraying themselves?

I don't want to go round to customers houses looking pale and glum, plus im not a very good advertisment.

I'm wondering if its completely stupid to try and spray myself? the only other alternative is to try and teach my friend or boyfriend...

I just can't justify paying someone else £15/£20 to spray me every week when i know how much it costs.

Thanks in advance

Hi there, I've posted a few threads on here about tan swaps and I have an arrangement with a fellow tanner atm where we spray eachother with our own solution for free. We take it in turns going to eachother's houses and I found her on Gumtree.

Anyway, I HAVE tried tanning myself and it's V tricky! I can do arms, face, chest, stomach, neck, hands and feet (so I wear leggings/trousers and full tops - ie a winter tan) but for the summer where more skin is on show - no way! I can't do it!!! It's SOOOO frustrating as a spray tanner not being able to do yourself!!!!!!

Get a spray buddy like me! Search on Gumtree and send other spray tanners advertising a message. Good luck!

Teach your other half, or there is another thread on here on how people do themselves (can never quite get the back just right tho) :(

I asked my boyfriend to do me 2 days ago. For a first go it wasn't bad but I can honestly say i'm glad i'm not tanning this week because at the moment, I wouldn't be a great advert!!!!!!!!!!

You sometimes think - oh anyone can do it! If they've got eyes it will be easy! Well, I've asked my mum AND a friend and both times have been AWFUL!!!!! I wish I had a bf to properly train up but I don't!! Boo hoo :-(

I tried spraying my self last week for the first time... all i can say is i looked like a patchy ompa lumpa ! was tragic. I couldnt for the life of me get it off so had to wax it all off ! :o. the OH normaly dose it he is quite a wiz, but i didnt want to wate. my lesson well and truly lernt.

Me too... Iv been trying to get time out to come over to see you nevertootanned but iv been useless ... :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hello,
I have taught my hubby- he could actually give me a run for my money!! he is really good!
I was very nervous when I first let him loose with my gun but he is a dab hand at it now!!
I taught him well!! :)
Hth Holly x

I spray myself and it's fine, do it infront of the mirror and keep checking for white bits... You know what they say 'practice makes perfect' xx

My OH does me, hes done 4 now & is getting there.

My husband does my tan and my eyelashes!!!

He always jokes he should give up his day job!!

Just gotta teach him nails now lol!

The other half tans me too and hes getting rather good at it now!!;)

Latest posts

Back