spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, im a mobile nail tech and am really interested in spray tanning as well!
I'd like to do it mobile like i do with nails, but would love to hear more from other people who do this as a mobile service..
What are the pros and cons to doing it mobile? Does it take a lot of equipment to store and take with you? Do you find it very popular etc?

Also, can anyone recommend a good course that will enable me to train to do it and then be able to go and get insured straight away and add it to my business? What sort of qualification do you need?
Ive not done any training on skin care etc so would i need to do some kind of basic skin care course first?

Hi Emily

I started off with nails and waxing and now i do spray tanning as well tbh i prefer it, i only need to take a large holdall and and the pop up tent with me. Didnt cost much to set up and train (cheaper than the nail course) and i love it. i trained with Sienna X

Hi, im a mobile nail tech and am really interested in spray tanning as well!
I'd like to do it mobile like i do with nails, but would love to hear more from other people who do this as a mobile service..
What are the pros and cons to doing it mobile? Does it take a lot of equipment to store and take with you? Do you find it very popular etc?

Also, can anyone recommend a good course that will enable me to train to do it and then be able to go and get insured straight away and add it to my business? What sort of qualification do you need?
Ive not done any training on skin care etc so would i need to do some kind of basic skin care course first?

Hiya!

I do it mobile, in the summer months find it LOADS more popular than nails.

I have my minimist, pop-up tent and bag with all my solutions and accessories in.

It takes me 15-20 mins, thats to set up, spray the client, pack up and take payment!

You don't need any other qualifications to so spray tan.

hth

xxx

hi, thanks for the replies! Im definately going to look into doing it mobile.
Is it costly to set up? And do any of you recommend a particular brand / training company?

Far easier than doing nails, setting up etc and its got a better profit margin too. I have been doing tanning alongside nails and makeup since feb 08 and at the moment it takes me half an hour to go in, set up, spray, pack up and take payment. I charge £20 per full body tan. I trained with sienna x and to set up and train was about a 3rd of the cost of my training and setting up for nails hth:)

I am a sienna x girl all the way, but there are loads of other threads about other products. good luck :)

Sienna x - Sienna X - Sienna X for me to...

Very affordable - lovely product, great results, smells of coconut and melon.

Great company to deal with and training is brill.....:)

Hiya!

I do it mobile, in the summer months find it LOADS more popular than nails.

I have my minimist, pop-up tent and bag with all my solutions and accessories in.

It takes me 15-20 mins, thats to set up, spray the client, pack up and take payment!

You don't need any other qualifications to so spray tan.

hth

xxx

Gosh you must be like a whirlwind Gemma... do your clients not mind the 'rush' feel to your service? :eek:

What else is the to do???

Only takes 3mins top to actually spray some one... I tell them the do's and donts while i am spraying. Once the clients is sprayed i pack up, give them a leaflet on the do's and dont's, take payment, book next appointment if needed. No need to take any longer...

Latest posts

Back