St.Tropez not working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
Okaaaayyy so....

I recently started using St.Tropez again after a few years.
I sprayed myself today with classic mist and it literally started dripping down my shin and thigh, I have had it on for about 3 and a half hours and it literally looks 1-2 shades darker than my skin tone. WTF?

I used a non sulphate shower gel last night and exfoliated and I shaved on Sunday night. The dial on my gun is set to half a turn only never any more.

Help!!!

Okaaaayyy so....

I recently started using St.Tropez again after a few years.
I sprayed myself today with classic mist and it literally started dripping down my shin and thigh, I have had it on for about 3 and a half hours and it literally looks 1-2 shades darker than my skin tone. WTF?

I used a non sulphate shower gel last night and exfoliated and I shaved on Sunday night. The dial on my gun is set to half a turn only never any more.

Help!!!
I've never used st tropez before, this only happened to me when I asked my husband to spray tan me (I know I'm brave!) and it was dripping but it was because he was standing too close so I just used a mitt do gently dab the area and it looked fine.
Have you used st tropez before now? If you have and only having this problem this time you could try contacting them as it may be just a bad batch of solution? Or it could be your machine have you cleaned it all out and checked the filter etc?
I've ordered some st tropez samples so as soon as they arrive I will try them out and let you know my results with it x

Sorry just noticed you have used before! X

I've never used st tropez before, this only happened to me when I asked my husband to spray tan me (I know I'm brave!) and it was dripping but it was because he was standing too close so I just used a mitt do gently dab the area and it looked fine.
Have you used st tropez before now? If you have and only having this problem this time you could try contacting them as it may be just a bad batch of solution? Or it could be your machine have you cleaned it all out and checked the filter etc?
I've ordered some st tropez samples so as soon as they arrive I will try them out and let you know my results with it x

Thank you so much for replying!
Yes I cleaned out my gun before using it as I had whitetobrown in it last for a client.
I used St.Tropez years ago but changes cause it's expensive! but taught I'd try it again and it was definitely a different experience! Yes I would love to know how it comes out on you!

I love the classic mist.....It must be something to do with the gun you are using.
I would recommend running hot water through it.
Make sure you have adjusted the spray, I usually have it on 3 or 4.
I spray fairly close, about 7 inches - it's never run. :)

I've just rinsed it of and it quite light! I like a medium tan... I ran warm water through it today before I sprayed with St.Tropez it was so weird...
Do you use St.Tropez with the St.Tropez machine?

The Classic is a medium tan.......
Me and my girls are very light skinned, so classic works well for us...the Lux oil is also nice.
There is an express, which darkens the longer you leave it, and a dark tan which you might prefer.
I have the Tanning essentials, Pro v spray system...it works well most of the time, but you do need to run that warm water through after use!;)

I usually use whitetobrown medium and it's a lot darker than the classic solution! Maybe it's just my skin tone...
But im gonna use it all anyway as it was expensive lol

Latest posts

Back