Staff Discounts????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychic

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to find out how much discount you give your staff for hair and beauty treatments. My staff are colouring, cutting, washing, blowdrying their hair and spray tanning in my shop atleast once a week...I don't really charge them...but I think I should!!! What do you think?

Also, how much discount do you give to staff family members....??? I am currently giving 50%.....though they get treatments regularly...I do feel I'm cutting myself short..Any views??

for the staff family i would say 25% ish discount maybe.
as for the staff treatments i would charge for the tans, just to cover the solution. for the hair do's its hard as alot of my local salons don't charge staff as they want their hair looking nice as an advertisement, but maybe suggest they do it in their breaks so its not coming out of your time
hth xxx

Id be tempted to say 25% discount and only allowed to have it done if there are no other clients. ( by that i mean that both the staff giving and receiving the treatment can only have it if up to the very minute before the treatment, the appointment is not filled by a member of the public) :)

I give my staff 40%
Staff family 0%.
I don't give my own family a discount so i'm not going to give the staff family a discount.
If a family member worked at a clothes store and they got a discount, would you expect the store to give their family a discount too?
Course they wouldn't so why should you?

I charge my staff for whatever the treatment costs me, same as if they want to purchase any retail items i will let them buy it off me for what i paid for it!

Staff family members don't get a discount!

We get one free treatment a month. Anything else we get Half price.
No discounts for family members xxx

I'll allow my staff to do whatever they want on themselfs as long as it does not come in the way of work. They get 25% off in product purchases, their family does not have a discount, but they get 20% comission on services, they can give that dicount if they wish, but won't get any comission of that treatment.

I give no discounts to anyone, not a soul. The only people who get anything free from me are my mama and my husband. I'm in business to stay in business, and I wouldn't be in business very long if I gave the discounts you offer!

I think your staff are good for promoting your products. If your staff don't look good then it's not a very good advert for your business. Giving the staff a discount is also a good morale booster and makes them more enthusiastic. I don't know any business that doesn't give a staff discount.

Ah, I see your point, but I don't have any staff!

when i worked in a salon, i was self employed and instead of paying a certain amount each week for rent, i gave her 50% of each set of nails i did. she gave all staff 50% discount on whatever treatment they wanted as the salon was made up of beauty therapists as well...BUT i still had to give her 50% of the nail cost for staff...that meant i walked away with practically nothing by the time i paid my own costs. and it didnt realy work out in my favour as i never had any treatments done myself!!

Latest posts

Back