stained Natural Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
I went to a client last night to do a set of enhancements, i had been to her once before, she's a client who has them on for special occasions but can't afford the upkeep.

i had a look at her nails...WOW they where stained, it wasn't a yellowly stain that you can get from nail polishes, it was a dark orangy stain?!? she said it was from using brown coloured polishes..can this really cause that much staining???
she also had a deep groove running down both her thumb nails, i had noticed this before and said it might be worth getting it checked out next time she pops in to the doctors.
she had been since the last time i went and the doctor said it was lack of calcium?!?

has anyone seen this before? is it lack of calcium? has anyone been told different? i thought it could be damage to the nail, but on both thumbs??

i've told her to wear a base coat? could i give her anymore advice??

XxXx

Retail her a bottle of nailbrite. When my ladies natural nails go discoloured under their overlay, I always get them to use it after their treatment....they see the result and buy a bottle straight away.

HTH

thabks i'll give that a go!

where can i purchase it from, is it a certain company or can i buy it from sally's/ ellisons??

x

dip em in cilit bang ! JOKE !

have you tried bubble white from sallys?cheap and on offer at the moment or scrubbing them with toothpaste and bicarb of soda?

amb x

I understand that nails contain very very little calcium.

Perhaps a light buff would help remove any staining.

funkyfingers10 said:
thabks i'll give that a go!

where can i purchase it from, is it a certain company or can i buy it from sally's/ ellisons??

x

Dsigner Nails although I'm sure I've seen it in the Ellisons book.

Nails only contain 0.1% of calcium

(courtsey of Doug Scoon)

See Izzy i have been reading my science book lol
x

i'm gonna have a go with all the ideas, i lightly buffed in the prep for the enhancements, it took some of it off but this staining looks like it's really deep.

:D thanks for your replys x

my friend has the same problems... years of wearing dark nail polish without basecoat.
suffice to say she's now been educated in using basecoat lol, i gave her a 'proper' manicure with a buff and the difference was really noticable.

hey just a thought....

that manky buffing creme we got at college would be perfect!

ambx

HA HA!!!

yes very true!!

i take it you don't like it then??!?!? hee hee!!

i like mine it was FREE!!! hee hee :biggrin:

xxx

yes forgot about that u skanker !!!

Regular manciures with the essential ingrediant of Creative's Cuticle remover wil help take with the staining as I find that once the true cuticle is removed this makes the world of differnce to the colour of the clietns nails.

hth

Trilite Girl said:
Retail her a bottle of nailbrite. When my ladies natural nails go discoloured under their overlay, I always get them to use it after their treatment....they see the result and buy a bottle straight away.

HTH

Sorry but I don't understand why your ladies natural nails get discoloured under an overlay?....what kind of overlay do you mean L&P, gel or are you meaning polish same as the original client?

Oh, and noted Scattyfox.....!!

Back