Starting a small mobile skincare business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Skin care is one of my favorite treatments to do. I really want to make decent money doing what I enjoy and to set my own hours. I am thinking of going mobile as renting out a salon or a room is expensive.

Is facials a popular treatment to offer people in the comfort of their own homes?
How much to charge for a dermalogica basic facial?
I don't have a clientele so I know this will be hard, how do I advertise myself when people don't know who I am? What kind of offers should I do? What is an effective and cheap way to advertise?

I would recommend waxing treatments too but I don't have a car and this might be tricky carrying around with me and a professional bed.

Advice??????????

Sorry not loads of advice but read Lynn Bakers how to promote your business thread, it is posted on the top of the business page. it will give you lots of ideas on how to get your business out there.

If you are really passionate about it there is no reason it shouldn't work.

You really need to start driving. It gives you soooo much freedom and you can spread the word of your business to other area's! I only started driving in Feb and am delighted I did, the best thing I ever did. I can go to clients houses and throw all of my equipment in the boot and of I go. I am sure it will work if you go on the bus but... Will that be an inconvenience to find someone's house in an area you've never been to before and carry a heavy bag?

Latest posts

Back