Starting from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljohnson9889

Reaction score
hi everyone,

right my dad has a building at the top of his garden that he says i can use as my beauty room,, but im unsure if people would want to walk through someones garden for a treatment. i know regular clients woulnt but new ones might.

what do you think? would you mind?

x

My spray tan therapist uses a building at the end of her garden to work from. I don't mind walking through her garden, I'd rather that than walk through someone's house.
She has a nice sheltered bench to sit on to wait outside the building while she finishes wth the previous client.
However your dad may have to pay business rates with the council/apply for a change of use with the planning dept. as the building will now be used for business, not as part of a dwelling.
Will you be paying your dad rent for use of the building?
hth and good luck with it.

yeah id never thought about that, yeah would pay so much depending on how much i earn,

how would i go about saying im using it for business?
x

Ask the planning dept. in your local council.
I use my spare room and I wrote a letter (took about a week for a reply) saying exactly what I wanted to do, worded it in my favour i.e. won't annoiy the neighbours as only one client at a time, already have plenty of parking, won't have to do any building work etc.
I had a reply that in this case I would not need permisson as the primary use of the building would still be a dwelling (the room is tiny), so I went ahead and did it.
The way this may differ is that the primary use of your dad's building will be business, so they may ask you to apply for planning permission, and I'm certain it costs hundreds of pounds just to apply, and even then you may get turned down if a neighbour or someone objects to the plans.
Ask, you never know, they may say you don't need permission.
hth.

Latest posts

Back