starting on my own????????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachyh

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can help. I qualified in july and have not had the guts to go it alone. Should I do it? Is it worth it? I'm a single mum so need the money and I hate my current job. I'm also a qualified holistic and beauty therapist. Can anyone help and encourage me!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? I'm desperate. How do I go about it????????????????????????// HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPP

well my theory is lifes too short to be somewhere you hate :D , so if you go to www.vistaprint.co.uk you can get some free business cards sorted, and you can do some flyers on your pc, personally wouldnt bother with newspaper add too expensive and they have never got me even 1 client:Scared: , stick a free line entry in yellow pages, and yell .com , and once you start getting a few clients you can finish your job you hate (if you dont want to do it straightaway) your insurance is cheap from professional beauty direct, and then inform the tax man etc !! if you have all your products equpment etc then you are sorted !!! but its easy to say if you need your current jobs money it makes it a bit trickier , i hardly have any clients and spend tons more than i ever make :o but i have paid for a proper add i yp, newspaper adds etc and they havent got me any clients :irked: so i aint doing that this year, i am just lucky my bloke earns enough to keep us going so anything i make just pays my visa biill, lol , best of luck hun , and enjoy !!! xxxx

I think that starting out on your own is a great idea, i'm hoping to do it myself in the next year or so. But if you haven't already got the equipment and your strating from scratch it's going to cost you quite a bit, especially in the first few months when your just getting started your not going to be making that much money. also if you are a single parent and need the money coming from your current job I don't think it's a wise Idea. But there is no point staying in a job that you don't like. If you need finacial support you can go to a building society you can get a buisness loan out to cover the cost of your place and equipment etc. thats what i'm considering doing, because I haven't got a great deal of money either and a small amount could help rent or buy somewhere and buy you everything you need.

Hope I can be of some help

Sammi akey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

You go for it. Keep the job up till you have enough clients to say bye bye to it. You only get one life so make the most of it doing what makes you happy.

Just had a thought - why it is so many of us want to go it alone. Surely if we new someone or even two people who reside in close proximety, why don't we start up together - share the huge expense of starting up alone and making it bigger quicker?

Not that I know of anyone personally to do this but just a thought:o

Sorry not being dense but if you start up mobile whats the huge cost?

I would stick to my day job till you found enough clients to leave it and build it up. Thats the safest way have a child and all.
xxxx:Love:

I would say go for it..............ask yourself this question......what was the reason you spent all that money on your course if you were not going to use it?

I would say start at home if you have the room, and get experience with clients etc and make sure that you actually like doing nails all day long.

I work full time in central London, i work shifts and alternate weekends,so i try and see a few people per day. Once it becomes busy and consistent, is the time when I will look at going part time with my other job. I don't really want to give it up as it holds sooooo many benefits etc. I am a single parent too, so if i can do it so can you. depends on your determination............

Good Luck:lol:

Rachel Mary said:
I would stick to my day job till you found enough clients to leave it and build it up. Thats the safest way have a child and all.
xxxx:Love:

Same here....keep the day job and run your business along side it....i'm sure it wont take long until you feel 'safe' enough to ditch the day job !!

ALL THE BEST !!

Amb x

I went self employed May this year ..... and have never looked back! Should have done this years ago!!! I work in three salons on self employed basis and pay the owners a percentage of what I earn, therefore if its a quiet week dont have a set rent to pay. Works very well and can end up working 12 hour a day. Tough one though as I dont have kids, but you have to go for it sometime! Hope you had a great christmas and good luck with whatever you decided to do! Happy New Year!! xx

Thanks everyone for your support, I have all the gear just been too scared I suppose. My confidence went when my husband left and i'm struggling to get it back. Many thanks to u all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you will be fine hun , just try and build yourself up before quitting your job , you will soon have bags of confidence:D , i know every time i do a good set /treatment it builds me up that bit more !! you will love it , good luck hunny , dee xx

Latest posts

Back