starting to do nails need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_lisa_x

Reaction score
i'm thinking about starting to do nails at home, just would like some advise about what i'm gonna need to do to get started, where is the best place to do my training. also will i need to have a licence or anything to work from home?

please help.
:irked:

x_lisa_x said:
i'm thinking about starting to do nails at home, just would like some advise about what i'm gonna need to do to get started, where is the best place to do my training. also will i need to have a licence or anything to work from home?

please help.
:irked:

Hi Lisa, Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of nails. If you do a search on training you should get a list of different training companies people have trained with and their experiences. The best thing to look for is which company has the best training for beginners and ongoing training and support, technicians that have won competitions and who they trained with and products they use. Phone round the companies and ask as many questions that you need to answer your questions and go with the one that best suits your requirements. Good luck.
David

Just to add to Davids answer i would say that it is a long process whichever course you start with will be just that the start. Training is an on going thing as with all careers and having to keep up with new advancements being made in technology. The company you look for should look at advancing its training and change things to keep up with industry standards as well as teach its educators this infromation as well.
Good luck

Hey, I am in the same situation as in i'm looking into training also. They best courses I have found have been either EZ flow or Creative, and they seem to be mentioned on here a bit too, which can only be a good thing (I hope!).

Hope this helps to narrow down your search, but then you may decide to go completely the other way! If you do let me know.
Amy

All i'll say dalin' is make sure you research really well. If it is possible ask to speak to former students if they offer this, or you could try asking here. If you choose to do a 1 or 2 day course don't expect to be as good as most of the pictures you see. I made this mistake and it can be very disheartning.

The more you can read up on the different systems the better, consider buying a book on the subject.

Whatever you choose to do enjoy it xx

Nails are ADDICTIVE!!! you've been warned... with that said, get some really good training. It'll save your butt in the long run. do your research when picking out a line of products, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

God your not wrong at all. I started with nail art and am now doing a course!!! and ince being on this site, you have loads mor fab ideas and want to do it all NOW. shame some stuff is soooo expensive!
twinkletoes910 said:
Nails are ADDICTIVE!!! you've been warned... with that said, get some really good training. It'll save your butt in the long run. do your research when picking out a line of products, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Latest posts

Back