Starting up mobile (Polishes) Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camilla89

Reaction score
Not sure what polishes to get as I am on a budget.....

Any ideas???

Cheers

x

Not sure what polishes to get as I am on a budget.....

Any ideas???

Cheers

x

The best polishes i have ever used is OPI i know they are probably the most expensive ones out their but they are worth it. I started out using Attitude nail enamel because i was on a budget but they wasnt that nice very yukky and i couldnt paint nails properly because of the polish so i switched to OPI and im still building up my collection, thing is you either go for something cheapish (your going to get cheap) then clients may not like the enamel and its texture, or go for the higher brand ones and have clients come back to you time and time because their nails look perfect and last ages.

Just detering you from making a mistake like i did and it left me out of pocket :irked:

hths x

Hi, I have been mobile for 18months now, I have just changed to Spa Ritual from NSI - they are amazing products, but they are bit pricier than others around. I used China Glaze from Sally's, they are quite nice. x

thing is you either go for something cheapish (your going to get cheap) then clients may not like the enamel and its texture, or go for the higher brand ones and have clients come back to you time and time because their nails look perfect and last ages.

Just detering you from making a mistake like i did and it left me out of pocket :irked:

hths x

I agree with this......buy a professional polish that will give you professional results.
Also although I agree that OPI are a great polish to use...they are just too available!
Your clients can purchase them on QVC and in Sally's etc.
I always think it is best to stock a range of professional polishes that your client will love , and that she can only get from YOU!

I know you are mobile therefore are maybe not thinking about retailing a lot of polishes but you still want to have a little bit of exclusivity.

Best brands would be Essie, Jessica CND, and of course Nfu.Oh ;)

You don't need to buy in a lot at first, just the basic colours, and then build up once you are more aware of your clients preferences.
Their main preference will be a long lasting, chip free, shiny, polish though !!

Hi, I have been mobile for 18months now, I have just changed to Spa Ritual from NSI - they are amazing products, but they are bit pricier than others around. I used China Glaze from Sally's, they are quite nice. x

Yeh I use SpaRitual in my salon (not mobile I know), they are fantatsic. I would highly recommend them. I have a couple of clients that are allergic to formaldehyde, so they are perfect for them. All my clients get a couple of weeks out of their polish and they all love it. It retails well too.

They are a little bit pricer than some polishes but you only need to get a few when you first start, couple of pinks, couple of darks, and maybe french polish colours. You can add them gradually.

CND polishes are also lovely and I am stocking them as an alternate range, with younger, funkier colours. Great quality!

Hths

Hi, when i started out mobile i used Spa Ritual and they have a wide range of colours, and my clients loved them. I still use Spa Ritual but i have also stocked up on CND, these are loevly too. Both last a long time on my clients nails. x x :)

When you have been doing it for a long time and had enough time to build up your collection you end up with about 6 different reds and about 20 pinks :lol:

So start out by getting

1 Darkish pink
1 Light pink
Your french manicure colours
1 Red
1 Black
1 Purple

These colours i find are the most popular and most requested colours and then over time you will find yourself buying more and more xx

hello - Ive just recently(ish) started out and have chosen Orly for my manicure/varnish product range. The varnishes are mid range, price wise, but are good quality and clients are always pleased with the finish :)

hope that helps & good luck!

When you have been doing it for a long time and had enough time to build up your collection you end up with about 6 different reds and about 20 pinks :lol:

So start out by getting

1 Darkish pink
1 Light pink
Your french manicure colours
1 Red
1 Black
1 Purple

These colours i find are the most popular and most requested colours and then over time you will find yourself buying more and more xx

I have to agree here when your mobile you dont need loads!! Just get a few colours to start with and see how you go!!

Ive got a few different brands of polishes but have to say if your on a budget attitude polishes are great and very reasonable. HTH x

I agree -OPI is the best but if you open an account with them then its not that expensive - works out about 4.30 per bottle but definitely worth it!!

im another fan of opi think the polishes are great quality get a few different brands and see which you prefer

I would recomend SpaRitual products as they are truly amazing! I have tried many different ranges for spa pedicures and manicures but SpaRitual is the absolute winner. Nail varnishes are affordable and packaging is 10 out of 10.

I also use Spa Ritual - beautiful colours my clients love them. I have about 30 across the colour spectrum. You will not go wrong with this brand.:)

i started with attitude as they are so cheap, but now trying to switch to and build a little collection of OPI i think their great

OPI have the best colours and soooooooooo many of them and im loving the wide brush it makes things so easy.... choosing colours is hard at the very beginning think when i started a bought 3
light pinkish
light neutral
blood red
brown
for toes, bright pink, coral, purple, people always go brighter on the toes!

hello

Just wondering if Spa Ritual are for salons only? any idea how i can buy them to use mobile?

thanks

We use Orly and our clients love them. If you want to start a collection on a budget, don't forget the trade shows - you can usually by a collection of varnishes at reduced trade prices. Good enough to start you off.

Latest posts

Back