Starting up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelindaCH

Reaction score
I am setting up a treatment room at home offering massage, hot stone, facials, mani/pedicure, waxing & brow/lash treatments.

Can anyone advise or put me in the direction of insurances I should have?

And what I need to do re tax man etc as I lost my job 3 wks ago and have no income at this stage while I finish off setting up.

Anyone else in a similar situation or any advice from those who have been there.

Thanks x

Hi,
Good luck in setting up, I'm in a very similar situation although I now have started working clients from home! With regards to the tax man you can't register yourself self employed until the week you start taking money then just give them a call and they'll help you!
HTH
🌸

Thanks Butterfly room! :)

You need to inform the tax office within 3 months of setting up your own business, and you need to have insurance - very straightforward with most beauty insurance companies, just let them know what you're doing! You can also claim working tax credit from when you start as self employed, obviously if you're under a certain income bracket. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back