Sticky Situation, advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateice

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I carried out a leg wax the other day, not ideal temperatures as it was very hot. Anyway my problem is that when I came to the knee, the wax got stuck and remained on the skin (I only did half knee). I tried getting it off with waxing cleansing lotion and then baby oil but nothing worked.
Can anybody recommend a good wax remover for the skin to get me out of these future sticky situations.

Many thanks,

Nateice x

Wax master has an oil that's very good :)

I have this quite alot....the heat here can be awful. Did you try using a new wax strip, lying it on the stuck wax, firmly pressing once then removing, sometimes you may have to do this a couple of times but each time press and remove in a different direction. When its hot you cant rub a strip more than once, the heat from your hand will cause the wax to stick....so always apply strip adn firmly press once then remove.This usually works fine for me. When its hot I find that customers are coming in very hot and a little bit sweaty, so I always make sure that I do a really good cleanse and apply the tiniest bit of pre wax oil, was it on the boney lower part of the knee?? This is where it always sticks for me. If you absolutely cant get it off, apply a post wax oil( Iuse Lycon) quite liberally, then move onto the other leg, when you are done with the second leg take a fresh strip and wipe vigerously over the stuck wax and it will just lift off....in fact I always do this over the entire leg to get rid of any little patches of wax that are left....stops them taking the couch roll with them when they get of the bed !!!Hope that helps tina xxxxx

Thank you so much for your replies, they are very helpful, yes it was the bottom part of the knee, the boney part. xxx

Ive had this problem in the past with my wax clients and what i have found is it is sometimes due to the skin being more drier and rougher in this area the best way to prevent this happening in future is ensure that area is thouroughly cleansed n use a small dot of pre wax oil on area if it is really dry and remove excess with a tissue enure clients leg is bent in right position and instead of using a long wax strip can i suggest you half a long one in middle and use this on the knee area it allows u to have more control over the strip and allows you to be able to really press firmly dont rub strip ensure you press firmly pushing the strip on the skin this removes the air thats been trapped and remove strip against the growth lycon do a great pre wax and after wax oil both are fantastic but try and master the method of removing most of the wax from the skin with the strips as its how a professional wax treatment should be all traces of wax should be removed:cool:

If you have a bit of wax stuck and taking it off in different directions and things isn't working. Try applying wax over the top of it and taking it off again. That usually works for me.

Latest posts

Back