Stilletto styles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
I went to a bonfire party at the weekend and a friend of mine had absolutely fabulous looking stilletto nails. They were her own nails, no overlay or anything just some polish. They were quite long and really suited her. I was sooo jealous and wanted to hide my boring short squovals away!!:o

Anyway... got me thinking. I've always been a bit too scared to try this nail shape but seeing my friends nails has convinced me to give em a go! So.... Whenever I've seen people's pictures of them they're always very dramatic glitter tips (ruby slippers etc) with such bold colours.

Does anyone do them in French or does it just not work? Is the whole point that they are really dramatic and need to make a statement by having dark or glitter tips?

I do think just covering the whole nail in one colour might be boring but I really don't want to look like a witch (which is what I think the dark glitter tips in a stilletto shape look like! sorry!).

Anyone got any tips or hints or ideas for great looking stillettos?
Ta geeks!:wink2:

i did some stilleto's a while back using natural tips.
basically i used the same length of tip as the nail bed.
and used nail clippers to cut away the sides then just gently filed them to a point.
make sure when applying your tip you angle it down when you apply if you dont it can actually make these shaped nails look quite flat.
this is not a great picture but gives you an idea...i would call them more ovals/almond
http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1800&catid=member&imageuser=733
probaly not what you mean but sort of gives you an idea...lol

Thanks Joanne, they look great. Just the sort of thing I was thinking! I see you use Ezflow. What powder did you use? looks like natural but not sure?

I love stiletto shaped nails, it's great to have em once in a while for a change. I've seen them in french and it looks just a nice as the gorgeous bold colours.

When I did a set on myself, I had them natural for the first week with just clear polish which looked nice then I painted them a very dark brown, which looked equally as good!

Lots of people commented on my nails when I had them that shape, where as they don't tend to notice when I do them any other time!!

Give it a go! Let us know how you get on.

paula1973 was wearing a beautiful set of white stilletos they looked fab i think its th shape that makes them stand out so much ( & a godd tech so dont ask me for them lol)

claireamy said:
Thanks Joanne, they look great. Just the sort of thing I was thinking! I see you use Ezflow. What powder did you use? looks like natural but not sure?
they are natural raptor tips with natural powder for zone one and pink for 2 and 3

I am wearing holographic glitter tipped stilletos as we speak!
Ive extended my nail bed and I am wearing them quite long, it makes my normaly stumpy fingers look long & slim.
This is the 1st time Ive worn my nails this shape

scattyfox said:
paula1973 was wearing a beautiful set of white stilletos they looked fab i think its th shape that makes them stand out so much ( & a godd tech so dont ask me for them lol)

I luuuuurrrrrvvvveeeeee my stillettos, tried having square, squoval and oval, but they just aren't the same, the set in question were the same glitter mix as my gmex comp photo, just not as long, i have so many clients that have them now, from subtle soft white, to the wild and wacky, the shape is lovely and elegant and looks fab what ever the colour of the tip

Latest posts

Back