Stocking two brands-budget friendly and luxury?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantastic86

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Im new on here, so pleasebe kind:)

Im about to train in hair extensions to add to my mobile business and also because i loooove hair extensions.

Ive had enquiries to be booked already for consultations once trained. Its popped up already about pricing and budgets.

Im going to be training with km and have looked into all hair suppliers.i only want to stock good quality hair as it will effect my reputation otherwise.

I was thinking of stocking studio58 and sjk.... But having looked at other suppliers and written down costs im not seeing a major price difference in order to offer a budget friendly range.

What do you stock for budgets? Also how do you handle queries from customers not happy to pay for quality hair?:confused

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I mainly use SJK and I just quote for standard and luxury hair when I am in consultation. I charge my price for fitting and the only difference in price is the difference between the qualities. If someone doesn't want to pay for the luxury, I am happy as long as they understand they are not getting luxury! And I know the hair will last the duration of the fitting.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that. Really helps. I know alot of people are on a tight budget. But the thing is using a lesser grade of hair in a 0.6 for example would work out more expensive in the long run!

Your helps appreciated. Thanks :)

Im sure you already know, but just to say: don't use the word budget when you're consulting :)

It has negative connotations that I'm sure you don't want to have associated with your professional brand :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi linzi,

Yes im trying to phrase things very carefully with prospective clients for that reason. Ive stated that when they attend a consultation, techniques will be discussed and we'll take into account the amount they wish to spend?

Its a really difficult thing to approach isnt it.. As the main thing i was bothered about getting my own extensions in was quality and thickness.. But i knew i had to pay for this

Thanks for the advice xx

I have all different ranges.

'affordable' - 3A sjk
Premium - 4A sjk or 4A foxy
Luxury - 5A sjk, 5A foxy or angelslocks.
I also do balmain - no asking for this yet! Apart from I did my mothers hair using balmain. Xx

I think the word 'affordable sound a lot better then budget! :) xx

'Standard' also works well for 'affordable'.

Thanks guys thats really helpful.

Ive been scouting around at the competition amd cannot believe what im seeing. Offering full head of prebonds or nanos for 150!!!! How on earth can they do it at that price! Im only going to be using sjk so i know the quality. Just shocked at such cut pricing :banghead:

They're probably using 0.5g so 100g for a full head. Where as my half head is up to 100g and full up to 200g :) xx

Its almost laughable, but a girl inboxed me for pricing. Explained options and i got the reply... "Thats well expensive i was only £100 for a full weave" eh ok then lol

Its almost laughable, but a girl inboxed me for pricing. Explained options and i got the reply... "Thats well expensive i was only £100 for a full weave" eh ok then lol

There's loads of people like that around me ...say I'm far to expensive. I guess there the clients you don't want anyway. I offered to use some of them as models and gave the the price as model(hair only) ad tht was still to expensive .. :0

Ive had that too! As im just starting ive offered extensions to a select few and hadthe same thing. Truly ridiculous. X

Thanks guys thats really helpful.

Ive been scouting around at the competition amd cannot believe what im seeing. Offering full head of prebonds or nanos for 150!!!! How on earth can they do it at that price! Im only going to be using sjk so i know the quality. Just shocked at such cut pricing :banghead:

Don't undercut your self Hun. I've just changed over to SJK and it's good hair,. I profit fair amount and the client gets nice hair. I've had clients come back saying sorry going to cancel found someone who can do my hair for £150 instead of £250!!! And 1/2 of them come back 3 months later saying their hair is even ruined and the hairs crap and ask to book in with me and regret going for cheaper! For £150 the hair must be pretty awful as they have profit from that too. Once you have had few clients and they start recommended you and how lovely their hair is it's all worth it 😊

Thanks hollie89, i had to hear that as im obviusly investing in training and looking at options for aftercare kits.. So dont want to be wasting my time and money if there is no market. But i know if i saw someone offering at that price id be questioning it. Its just so frustrating. But im sticking to my pricing structure which another lovely member has helped me understand.
You have to make profit..thats life! Otherwise you just dont have a viable business.

Latest posts

Back