Strange solvent smell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I have been away for a few days and when I came back my salon has a strong solvent smell in it. So I left the windows open over night it was slightly better but as soon as the windows and doors were closed it quickly came back so last night I took pretty much everything out cleaned it all top to bottom and it's there again this morning really strong again!! I've checked all products for leaks etc and found nothing. Anyone any ideas?

I have been away for a few days and when I came back my salon has a strong solvent smell in it. So I left the windows open over night it was slightly better but as soon as the windows and doors were closed it quickly came back so last night I took pretty much everything out cleaned it all top to bottom and it's there again this morning really strong again!! I've checked all products for leaks etc and found nothing. Anyone any ideas?
Have you had any plumbing work done?

The salon is new it was finished in September so all the plumbing is new.

Well, that shoot down that theory then.

It may be worth it for someone to come in to check any sort of gas leak that could have popped up and even carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide doesn't smell, but you can pick up a by product with the nose of carbon monoxide. Have you had any recent rains? My office is built on a slab and it has an odor after a heavy rain, although it's not a chemical smell.

Thanks for your replies guys! There isn't any gas it's all electric. We've actually had alright weather recently so the sun has been out. I've just checked it again this morning, the windows have been closed over night and it's really really strong again. I'm thinking maybe take all the aerosols out tonight see if that makes a difference? I have checked them and they don't appear to be leaking but I just have no idea what to try, my clients are all going to be leaving high as kites!!

Latest posts

Back