stress area - what is going on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
I am in a right kerfuffle!

I am practising my application of l & P and my stress area is a nightmare. I am applyin on the nail and then go to do the stress area and it does not seem to leave a nice curve on the nail (from the side view) as it should - my nails look very flat against the nail plate.

what am I doing wrong? why is it when I appy the stress area bead it disappears into what I have already applied?

Brush angles and pressing the L&P too hard, taking the shape out of it!

Steep angle for zone 1, flat for zone 2 and step toward the nail plate for zone 3

Press the l&p then softly glide it.

HTH

louisehartje said:
I am in a right kerfuffle!

I am practising my application of l & P and my stress area is a nightmare. I am applyin on the nail and then go to do the stress area and it does not seem to leave a nice curve on the nail (from the side view) as it should - my nails look very flat against the nail plate.

what am I doing wrong? why is it when I appy the stress area bead it disappears into what I have already applied?

Maybe the bead is too wet, try with a dryer one and see if that makes any difference.

Marilyn said:
Maybe the bead is too wet, try with a dryer one and see if that makes any difference.

I was also thinking this!
Also what I have done in the past is;
Placed the bead in the stress area and then gone a bit ott with sweeping the product that I have ended up almost flatening it and shifting it towards the free edge!:irked:

I have now got over this problem........and I am sure you will overcome yours:hug:

Hi there, just to add a little, make sure your bead is the right size for your zone 2, if it is to small you will have no apex by the time you have pressed it out....

when i place my zone 2 bead, i let it set up for a couple of seconds, then work on gently pressing either side of it, with my brush angled to form the sidewalls of the nail, then lastly i gently smooth over the centre being careful with my angles to keep the arch in the centre that has naturally been formed. with every movement of your brush think about your angles and what you want to achieve, make gently presses and fluid smoothing motions once your product has set up slightly. if your working too wet, you wont have any control over where you want it to go, and a ring of liquid under the bead. definitley read and read again all the tutorials they are really helpful, maybe if you have a tech close to you who can help, its much easier to see this being done to understand. if your ratios are right l&p can be very friendly to work with once you understand what your brush can do for you. let gravity be your friend.:wink2:

Read 'Brush control - Making it last' in the tutorial section of this site or invest in a copy of 'nailcalss' available on Geekmart. Go to Shtuff then click on Geekmart.

Latest posts

Back