Stress strip with boost.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cutie'cool nail

Reaction score
If you are using generic silk, but finishing the last resin with Boostx2, would you need a stress strip, or would it be strong enough with just the boost?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Okay, I am geting really fed up now. We on this site get along well because we share experiences. We all shell out money to learn how to use a product properly, and if we don't fully understand it, then we go and shell out even more money to learn even more. THAT is how we can SHARE experiences on here. Not once have you shared your learning and experiences on any other posts on this site. It's all about YOU. So for the umpteenth time, go and get some REAL training and stop trying to get a free ride on here.

(apologies to any other geeks who take offence, but I don't like free riders)

Ooooops! sorry Sassy but you have obviously had a long, bad day. I actually for your interest have had Creative training and more, and I thought that this site was to ask questions to more experienced technicians and get answers from whoever is wanting to answer NICELY. You don't have to answer threads if you don't want to, and as you are so cross and rude you really shouldn't answer. I do however agree with you about me not answering threads, but I didn't think that this was a must at this stage of my knowledge. I read alot on here and have learnt alot from mostly nice people and I have thanked them all for their help. The reason I was asking the question about two different resins and systems, is that I am booked and waiting to go on a Fabric# course as I was having teething problems with the MTW, so I thought until that time, I would go back to my old system, but wondered whether I could mix them, as I know the Boost is a very strong resin to end with. I am not a Free Rider as you call me and have spent alot of money on various courses, but I am still learning and it is still early days for me, I am keen to learn but cannot get on this course tomorrow, so please get of your high horse and learn how to speak to people. You are enough to put anyone off asking any questions on this site, again I do apologise for not participating in any other threads but as I said, the majority on here probably have had years experience to my months.

Personally I would have sent this message in a pm. You have been asking about Fabric# for a while now and have been given lots of help and advice. If you have been on lots of different courses then you should know that it is not advisable to mix and match your products. I appreciate that you are going on a Fabric# course and my advise to you at this point is put down the product you know nothing about and stick to the one you have had training with. When you have done your course and understand the product knowledge, the system will be easier for you to understand and work with. If it is a matter of time before you can get on the Fabric# course then why not book yourself a 121 with your educator in your area.

David

cutie'cool nail said:
Ooooops! sorry Sassy but you have obviously had a long, bad day. I actually for your interest have had Creative training and more, and I thought that this site was to ask questions to more experienced technicians and get answers from whoever is wanting to answer NICELY. You don't have to answer threads if you don't want to, and as you are so cross and rude you really shouldn't answer. I do however agree with you about me not answering threads, but I didn't think that this was a must at this stage of my knowledge. I read alot on here and have learnt alot from mostly nice people and I have thanked them all for their help. The reason I was asking the question about two different resins and systems, is that I am booked and waiting to go on a Fabric# course as I was having teething problems with the MTW, so I thought until that time, I would go back to my old system, but wondered whether I could mix them, as I know the Boost is a very strong resin to end with. I am not a Free Rider as you call me and have spent alot of money on various courses, but I am still learning and it is still early days for me, I am keen to learn but cannot get on this course tomorrow, so please get of your high horse and learn how to speak to people. You are enough to put anyone off asking any questions on this site, again I do apologise for not participating in any other threads but as I said, the majority on here probably have had years experience to my months.

Hiya...

Maybe the confussion come from your profile not being filled in...then maybe we would know who's had what training and who hasn't.
I have read your posts and i also thought it sounded very much like you where asking to be taught on line how to do fabric...now you have explained it becomes clearer.

You don't have to have years of knowledge to share your experiences with nails on here...we like to read it all...no matter how much you think it may not be beneficial...there is always someone who will relate to your story.

I have to disagree with your remarks about Sassy...she has helped so many on here, myself included and this site wouldn't be the same without her.

Just my thoughts...take care all xxx

Funny you said you'd done a one to one. So what is it? Are you trained or not? Make your mind up!!!

cutie'cool nail said:
If you are using generic silk, but finishing the last resin with Boostx2, would you need a stress strip, or would it be strong enough with just the boost?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Really depends on how heavy handed the client is, this is something that is decided at the time of service............
So it all comes down to consultation, visualization and then deciding on the application....

Yes I have done a 121 if you did read the previous post, and as I did say I was very unlucky to have a tutor who I knew more than, so I am going to spend some MORE money and go on a Fabric# class. I don't keep changing my mind as you implied and the course is not until December, but do not fear I certainly will not be asking you for any further advice, not that I particularly asked you in the first place, as I say you should'nt answer if you are going to in such a rude manner.

Thank you everyone else for all you kind help and advice in the past on this subject. I don't want a free ride from anyone, money is not an issue.

Thank you so much for your pm Sassy, GROW UP PLEASE! I'm real pleased you have put me on your ignore list - booo hooooo - so sorry everyone else but I really don't feel I deserved the mouthful I got.

WHATEVER!!!
This is getting very pathetic and childish all for a few questions on nails.

Bye Bye.

I am closing this thread as I feel the initial question has been answered also in the Boost with generic silk? thread......
Chill geeks xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back