Strictly Baby Ballroom!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffy26

Reaction score
I know this programme was on last week and just wondered what you geeks thought about that little girl having her nails done She was about 8 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's a bit like the pagents in the States and the appearance is all part of it, the tan and make-up etc (Which I think is unnecessary as well). But is it really necessary for girls of that age to have enhancements on?! I personally would never do anyone this young I think they are not responsible enough to give nails the care and attention that they need, it might only be short term but I think it is irresponsible of the parents. Surely these CHILDREN (Cos lets not forget that's what they are!!) should be judged on their fantastic dancing and not whether their lipstick is applied or their tan is dark enough!!??

I saw that it was Calgel.

My niece did dancing from a very young age, she had to stop when she was 17 as work commitments got in the way.
Not once were they encouraged to do things like get tanned, wear nail enhancements etc, not even at national level
(she was in the national finals many times).
They wore the tan coloured body stockings to make it appear as if they had tanned skin.

I was never ever told to wear anything other than theatrical makeup and tan tights.

However yes you are judged on appearance as well as ability,unfortunately i fear as times change we will see more and more of this,it's a crying shame imo !

I saw this programme too. I wouldn't let my daughter do any of those things at such a young age. In this day and age children grow up so fast so why encourage it to happen faster.
My niece is 12 and looks a lot older than she is, she dresses older, wears make up etc and has asks me every time I see her to enhance her nails, with the blessing of her mum!! I won't do it.
Children IMO should be allowed to be just that - children x

I saw it too....and the girl who was sat at the table sticking on false nails just had me in shock..did you see the size of them...and how does she get them off afterwards i wonder...

The other part i didn't like was the mother of the son and daughter who danced together...they came 4th or something and she was being so mean to them...saying how they could have had more holidays if it wasn't for them dancing and how the judges must have thought they where crap....

I think dancing and sports and so on is good for kids...as long as its FUN....and stays FUN....x

I caught a glimpse of this programme, but didn't have a chance to watch the whole thing.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN, that's what I say!

I'm all for kids exercising, participating in sport, taking dance lessons etc., and I agree with Angie, the emphasis should be on the kids having fun. They have plenty of time as they get older to decide whether or not they wish to pursue a future in whatever holds their interest the most.

I personally am against competitions and pageants where children are made up to look like mini-adults.
It revolts me!

Let them be kids for gosh-sakes!!!

Many parents push their kids into this, and they suffer all sorts of pressure.
Children of those ages, even if they are talented etc, should not be competing in something so 'huge', in my opinion.
The pressure involved with participating in these things is tremendous and no child of those ages should be faced with such judgement and harsh critiques.

8yr old with enhancements? I'M DISGUESTED!! There's no need for it.

I get annoyed just shopping for shoes for my children. Or dresses.
What happened to plain black mary-janes and dresses that reached the knees. Do I really want my 5 yr old in shoes with a 1.5" heel wearing a dress that has leopard spots?
H**L NO!

Little girls are LITTLE GIRLS, NOT little women.
errrrr ok, my rant is over
:lol:

I saw this and thought all the parents needed a good slap. The pressure they were putting on their kids was awful. As for the nail enhancements, I'm sorry but I think its wrong on an eight year old, they can't possible look after them properly. Also the thick make up and orange tan looked obscene.:irked:

Latest posts

Back