Stripping a colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa100pink

Reaction score
Hi was hopeing someone cud help I have been trying to strip black. Out of a customers hair she is addiment to be blonde b4 xmas I have told her this may be a long prosses however I used a colour striper which tund it to a med brown I used bleach 6% foils then few days later she returnered with much reservation and getting her so sign a disclamer for I bleached it again and used a toner I have since told her to have a break and put treatments on its very streachy I have said ide rather put a semi on then put some blonde in with extentions as she wants extentions in please help any advice greatly recived I'm losing so much sleep ide rather her hair be helthy then it snbapping of :Scared:

Go with your instinct...you are the hairdresser not her.
If your unhappy to put more product on then just say no....dont be pressured into doing something you know isnt right. X

I agree with Pip, from the beginning you told her it would take a while she should listern, if clients do the same to me i always take a strand test in some 12% bleach then show them how it stretches and looks like gum, they soon take note, you are the professional and it is your reputation she should think more of you if you say no!

i wouldn't do it! You said yourself it's in bad condition so just say no and explain why. Also do the test in front of her so she can see what will happen. Also no way would I put extensions in her hair if its in such bad condition.

Good luck!

Learn not to be scared of being a "no" hairdresser, so what if she goes elsewhere and her hair snaps off!! Along as you said no because of.....and state the reasons why your safe x

Hi there so today I did it again I used bleach 6% 12.1 9% back to bnack foils and 8.0 semi it felt bit better but bleach don't seem to beee going past gold it won't go lighter what can I use to make the end blonde

Uve already put an ash on it.. Thats the most u can do.. Keep going over it with bleach and it WILL turn to mush.. I suggest the client live with a little bit of gold until its settled down. If she tries suing you for it snapping off (disclaimer or not) ul regret going at it again! It's not worth it!

Personally I make my clients wait 2 weeks in-between, and I only do their hair if they buy strengthening treatments etc, no one has ever moaned or had their hair snap off! Say no to her!! For your own safety and job security!

I wouldn't do it till after Xmas now but that my personal approach!

Thanks for all your replys I have told her to buy tratment she said she is putting it on I told her I want her to wait she said she wants it done next friday I have told her I'm not happy about doing it but she said she don't care if it snaps of she wants to be blonde I don't no what else to do it felt much better the last time I did it but I have told her to have a break she won't so I'm thinking if she does what she says and put yreatments in it I may use blonde me bleach with 6% gaurented 7 levels of lift. Then 1 more ash toner what do u think

I personally wouldn't do it, take the other geeks advice on here. Xx

Suggest she tries Matrix So Silver shampoo, it will not make it any lighter but will help to get rid of ashy tones, worth a try.

I would not bleach again, Blue is right learn to trust your knowledge and say no when it feels wrong, it's your reputation on the line.

x

Please say no!! Blond me might lift but it's vile!!

My hair has never been so screwed and that was only from my natural 5 to a light blonde two apps of 6% ive been blonde for 3 years, let it grow out completely and I went back blonde a month ago.

The owners of the salon I rent in have Schwarzkopf and they wanted to use their stuff not mine as they were doing it, never again!! It's gross stuff!!

So please please please, say no, your not prepared to do it as it will snap off and if she wants it done, find a salon that will do it!

Sorry for the essay but I needed to explain. X

Latest posts

Back