Struggling with lash times!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquarius97

Reaction score
I have only been qualified in classic lashes for a couple of weeks now. I have already done 9 full sets although each set has taken me 2 hours plus to do and the end result has still not been full enough therefore I have had to finish them off the day after or a later date. It is taking me 2 hours plus just to do a wispy/natural set of classics so all in total over the seperate days it's taking me around 4 hours to get them really full! I'm completing my Russian course in 2 weeks time and I am dreading it as this is going to take me even longer! I have been doing these lashes for free on friends and family and nobody is going to pay me as a client if I take this long just for classics! Dreading how long it's going to take for the volume lashes :( any tips would be appreciated xxx

It is all just practice and it is very frustrating to start with, I would limit myself to 2 hours as otherwise I would get too stressed.
I think clients are fine if they know you are new. Do an introductory offer and they will know then,
With regards to do a Russian volume course, I personally think it is too soon. You are struggling with classic and Russian volume is a whole other level. Personally I think you need to wait at least 6 months or at least until you are competent at classic lashes.
Just don't stress. Speed comes with time and it's better to have a good set that's isolated and only 30 lashes done than do a full set of badly applied lashes with bad isolation.
I felt the same when I first started lashing and it really does get easier, just keep at it x

It is all just practice and it is very frustrating to start with, I would limit myself to 2 hours as otherwise I would get too stressed.
I think clients are fine if they know you are new. Do an introductory offer and they will know then,
With regards to do a Russian volume course, I personally think it is too soon. You are struggling with classic and Russian volume is a whole other level. Personally I think you need to wait at least 6 months or at least until you are competent at classic lashes.
Just don't stress. Speed comes with time and it's better to have a good set that's isolated and only 30 lashes done than do a full set of badly applied lashes with bad isolation.
I felt the same when I first started lashing and it really does get easier, just keep at it x
Thanks for your feedback! I really love doing them and I find it really easy like I'm comfortable doing it! It's just the time it takes me although I have a slow drying glue that I got with my beginners kit and because I have to lash people on the couch it's quite uncomfortable for me and feels awkward sometimes the way I'm positioned. Do you think a fast drying glue, a proper bed, chair and lighting would all help speed up the process? Also, a lot of people have been moaning at me telling me full sets should only take an hour and they have had full sets in the past that took an hour I don't see how this is possible? Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it :) also I agree with you on the Russians, although where I live about 99.9% of people only get volume lashes and don't bother with classics so I need to do my Russian course asap to start practising but I had to do the classic one first. I am finding it hard to find people willing to have a set of classics as EVERYONE wants the Russians! Thanks xx

As soon as you feel you are ready for a quicker adhesive then absolutely go for it. It's a game changer! I stuck at a slow adhesive for ages and it made such a difference when I changed to a quicker one. I use a 1 second one now and don't think I could stand using a slower one. Actually I did a sensitive client today and used my sensitive adhesive and it does slow me up!
I have been lashing for 7.5 years and it's rare that I can do a full set of classics in an hour. Depends how many natural lashes the client has though. I can do 45 minutes if they hardly have any and if they have loads then it can me up to 2 hours. It takes as long as it takes just don't stress about time x

Thanks for your feedback! I really love doing them and I find it really easy like I'm comfortable doing it! It's just the time it takes me although I have a slow drying glue that I got with my beginners kit and because I have to lash people on the couch it's quite uncomfortable for me and feels awkward sometimes the way I'm positioned. Do you think a fast drying glue, a proper bed, chair and lighting would all help speed up the process? Also, a lot of people have been moaning at me telling me full sets should only take an hour and they have had full sets in the past that took an hour I don't see how this is possible? Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it :) also I agree with you on the Russians, although where I live about 99.9% of people only get volume lashes and don't bother with classics so I need to do my Russian course asap to start practising but I had to do the classic one first. I am finding it hard to find people willing to have a set of classics as EVERYONE wants the Russians! Thanks xx

Hi, I remember when I first started I also was taking a while and feeling that the end result wasn't what I expected after that length of time! I also started with friends and family and would often do the lashes with them laying on their bed or sofa and I would be sat so awkwardly!! Plus I had rubbish low lighting. I do think if you can change these things it would help massively, you get get the fold away beds from Amazon and a stoll on wheels. It takes time to get your timings down but I have been doing it 7/8 months and still take 1.50-2hrs. I can't imagine being any quicker but you don't want to rush it. Xx

Latest posts

Back