Suitable Wax for curly hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
:)Hi there , Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a suitable wax for corkscrew hairs, growing on the leg and in way different directions, cleint also has hertuisim...I was thinking maybe one that is used for brazillian waxing or a hot wax.....tried a "normal " wax but took absolute ages

There really is only one person for this from what I have seen on here darling and tha tsimply has to be "The wax Queen" perhaps you could pm her. Please don't ask me how I can just about reply and even get that wrong sometimes!!!

As the hairs are all over the place i think i would personally try an ordinary hot wax.
Film wax can be used in the same way as hot wax but it would be expensive as you would need to use a lot more. I think what you need is to get the wax worked right into the hair the old fashioned figure of eight style.You'd also probably do better with a small wooden spoon rather than just a spatula.
You can always continue with your normal wax for the less difficult areas.

I like using the old fashioned hot wax fig of 8, it does appear to pull out more hairs....thanks for the feedback geeks. I will have a go with the hot wax, I may have alook for an afro-carabien beauty site for some hints and tips:)

Hiya. I would still try with a good quality strip wax and my fave is Perron Rigot, Cristal Ocean. I wax men all day long with this and have no problems. If that didn't work, Perron Rigot do several fantastic non strip waxes that are applied simply in the direction of hair growth and not in the old fashioned figure of eight.

The trick is to apply pressure with the spatula and not to float the hairs over the wax as this will just break them off. Let me know how it goes. It's a combination of the wax you use and your technique. xxx

Sorry to jump in thread but what is this figure of 8 method please? im doing waxing at the minute at college and finished it all just waiting for my work to be marked off and nobody at college teacher wise has ever mentioned this method before,now im curios! thanks x

Sorry to jump in thread but what is this figure of 8 method please? im doing waxing at the minute at college and finished it all just waiting for my work to be marked off and nobody at college teacher wise has ever mentioned this method before,now im curios! thanks x

When you use traditional hot wax (the stuff that is thick and sets hard if you don't get it off at the right time) you put it on in a lump and kind of stir it all into the hairs quite quickly and firmly in a figure of eight(you dont always have to do hot wax this way).

This way you pick up hairs that are going in different directions.Sometimes in areas where people cant reach well with a razor like the top back of their legs or where there is friction the hairs can almost form a spiral and it can be difficult to get them all with wax without going over the same areas.

If you have any hot wax try it.

I do find it easier to hot wax with a small wooden spoon as opposed to a spatula but they are not disposable so really shouldn't be used.

To think when i trained strip wax wasn't even out and we had to do full legs with hot wax which we then reused by straining the wax through tights to get the hairs out, and whacking the heat up on the pot to kill germs :eek: and yes this was general practice and not just at my college.

It' not a method I was taught either when I was at college last year.
But as has been said, with the new generation of non strip waxes you apply just like normal warm wax. Nice and easy! :green:

Latest posts

Back