Sunbed licence confused?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fast

Reaction score
ive been reading all about licensing today..

ive just ordered my sunbed as only having the one..
it is an open plane salon i have got it wth a cubicle so it doesnt need a changing room i know someone in another borough who has done the same as people can see it straight away but then she didnt need a licence.... im really worried about getting a licence ..can anyone who had one before give me any info.. as i geting really stressed about it and as usual no one at council till monday..

I don't know about a licence, I guess it depend on your local council.

But before you worry about a licence, have you talked to your council about your plans to put a sunbed in there?

Before I opened my salon I had to tell the council about my plans (well my solicitor did) and ask their permission before I continued. They agreed that I could do beauty therapy, nails and have sunbeds etc, but they could have easily of said no! Interestingly they also decreed that no other shop on my street can open as a beauty salon:)

Jes

no i havent i was just informed i need to have licence and insurance i dont need planning permission or anything like that as it is already a salon.

i dont need planning permission or anything like that as it is already a salon.
Yes, but what type of salon was it approved for? I have a salon, but I'm not allowed to do hair and the hairdressers on the same street aren't allowed to do beauty or have sunbeds.

Latest posts

Back